Pacers Might Leave Town If They Don't Get Public Assistance?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leftsock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    Indianapolis Capital Improvement Board (CIB) Suffers Budget Deficit

This link looks to have some interesting information.

Indianapolis’ Capital Improvement Board (CIB) has determined that the costs of operating the new Lucas Oil Stadium are about $20 million more annually than the revenue it earns, and projections indicate that in 2010, the CIB will fall anywhere from $43 million to $47 million in the hole.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    PACERS SUCK!!!! ive waited too many years for that organization to gets its act together, and they are still a big FAIL!!!!

Obviously even if they had the olympic "dream Team" they still probly would throw it away, because the leadership SUCKS. See ya later pacers!!! the only money i'll be spending in Conseco fieldhouse is if i go see a concert or something. I use to go to all the games, and had season tickets a few years back. When i met my wife the first date i took her on was a pacer game, and we mostly sat in the Best Locker Room and talked the whole game and just watched it on the TV's. it was still slidding down hill then too, but not as bad as now.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    And don't be trying to pass this along to the State as a whole. May of us outside the Indy metro area have no interest in your teams down there much less helping to keep them up. I say good riddance to bad rubbish.

rhart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Avon
    Where can I sign up to help em pack??? Oh, I know, lets raise our taxes and build em a new stadium!!!!! Thats a great idea!!!!!! I should run for office! Sales tax for a dinner in Indianapolis.... lets make it a nice 15%, no one will notice!
    Screw these sports teams unless they can supprt themselves! How bout raising the taxes to help me out with my sports? Shooting, hunting, camping, archery???

Mike_Indy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    What genius did the projections for maintaining Lucas? Off by about $20 mil per year, My son does better math than that in 3rd grade.

As to the pacers, the NBA as a whole is a poor product and the pacers are a very bad team in that league. They are so bad that I turn down free tickets to their games. Let them go elsewhere. I do not want to pay for them to stay.

copper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jun 20, 2009
    Shelby County
    I lost interest in the NBA several years ago. I just cannot support the way that the players act or the way they play....
    It would be sad to see the Pacers leave but, I can't say that I would be disappointed...

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    LET THEM GO!! NOT ONE MORE DIME OF TAX PAYER MONEY FOR A PRIVATE BUSINESS! IF THEY CAN PAY MILLIONS FOR ONE PLAYER, THEY CAN PAY THEIR OWN WAY TOTALLY! NOT ONE MORE DIME!!

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    Just adding another"SEE YA!" to the list.

There should never be one public dime spent so a bunch rich guys can play a game.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    It's like I have said in some other threads; we are living in a new age of bread and circuses. We use public money to feed, clothe, house, doctor and entertain the masses. In return, the masses vote the people into office who will give them the most benefits. The pro sports teams have learned to play the game. They threaten to pull out if they don't get their cut from the politicians.

YouTube - Are You Not Entertained?

Goosepond Monster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    Ellettsville
    I'm really enjoying all of the dislike for the Pacers here. I agree with the masses that it is a joke that these private teams turn to the public when they aren't able to support themselves.

Top Bottom