• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Which paddle holster would/do you use??

• Total voters

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I did not vote, as I only have experience with the Fobus. I would stear clear of the Fobus, the qulaity is sub par. I would also take a look at the Blade Tech Sting Ray holster. It will cost you around $60, but they are custom made and very nice.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    I have never used an iTac holster (or heard of them), but I have used the SERPA and the Fobus. I will never buy a Fobus for any of my guns, and I only use the SERPA... well, never anymore, but I used to use it when I wanted OWB carry. I now have a Raven Concealment Systems Phantom LC holster for my G22 and I honestly will never use another OWB holster that is not a Raven EVER, for ANY of my guns. I seriously recommend you take a look at them.
    They are at every 1500 and can make a holster for you on the spot there, or you can order one from their website and wait the long waiting period for it like I did.
    If you really like paddle holsters, RCS makes paddle wings for their holsters.
    If you HAVE to get one of the listed holsters, I would go with the SERPA, even though it has taken a lot of heat on the web recently. Train with whatever you get, and be safe.

Typhon1390

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Virginia Beach, VA
    I have a Fobus holster, but it's my least favorite. As far as paddle holsters, I like my Safariland. It's a retention holster. I think the release button is very intuitive as it's where my thumb is already at in my draw. Overall my favorite holster is my IWB Minotaur MTAC though.

Relatively Ninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I carry my XD in a SERPA, and I'll tell you why. I prefer to OC (the SERPA isn't a very good CC holster) and when I do I like an additional level of retention. I don't like thumb-break holsters very much so I went with the SERPA. I find the button on the SERPA is very intuitive and easy to use, both in the physical placement of the button and the actual operation. Even before I had a SERPA holster I practiced drawing with my index finger flat along the frame of my gun, so drawing from the SERPA feels very natural. Another benefit that I appreciate is the distinct lack of holster wear from my SERPA. My other holster is a Crossbreed and it leaves a lot of wear on my gun because it uses the tension of your belt to help hold the pistol in place (it's an IWB holster). I will say that my XD has a very slight amount of wiggle in the SERPA, but that doesn't really bother me (the looser hold is probably why it has no holster wear).

I second the advice about trying several holsters before you buy. Before I bought a holster I was on the fence about the SERPA because I'd heard some bad "stories" about it. After trying it out in person I fell in love with it and I've never regretted my decision. :)

shortyforty

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    middlebury
    it has been stated but can not be over stated the safariland with als is a great holster i like the fact that it rides closer to my body than the others,and it can be had in left handed and for light bearing pistols(your mileage may vary)

Aaronhome27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Kendallville
    fobus is nice but has that annoying metal clip that rubs your skin if you dont have clothe behind it. If you wear a loose t-shirt over it you will see what I mean. Galco makes a COP / Matrix version that is alot more comfortable to wear and has adjustable retention. It is about the same price but in a higher class in quality...... :twocents:

Galco M5X Matrix Paddle Holster

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    Blackhawk serpa vote here. I've had one for about 5 years now for my xd40 and I use it more than the other holsters I have for it (this includes the stock fobus holster that comes with it).

Top Bottom