• ...and so much more!
  • wlr2

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Ok, I've read the FAQ, I paid the $$, and I sent a PM to Scutter01 to advise that I had paid the membership dues.
    I am able to create posts in areas that I could not before, but I still get the "need 50 posts" when I try to send a PM. Kinda hard to respond to people when they PM me.
    Now I know that this is all somehow my fault, but I would like to be able to have all the functionality that comes with being a site supporter.

Thanks,
    Wayne

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I have had the badge showing since i paid. Nope, still get the 50 posts warning.

If he isn't a mod any more then the paid subscription page needs to be updated.

He still handles that. He may be extremely busy at work and has not had a chance to take care of it. He doesn't get paid to help with the site.

Did he respond to your message? How long since you sent him a message.

Go to the status update thread and just start posting nonsense, those post will not be deleted now that you are a Site Supporter, just dont go bumping a bunch of old post

wlr2

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Indianapolis
    He still handles that. He may be extremely busy at work and has not had a chance to take care of it. He doesn't get paid to help with the site.

Did he respond to your message? How long since you sent him a message.

Go to the status update thread and just start posting nonsense, those post will not be deleted now that you are a Site Supporter, just dont go bumping a bunch of old post

Did not get a response from him. Paid yesterday afternoon around 4 I think.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Did not get a response from him. Paid yesterday afternoon around 4 I think.

He might just be terribly busy and there is always the possibility the message never made it to him. Just send him a nice message saying you wanted to verify he got your message.

But I would just keep posting here until you hit 50

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Yes, I did get your PM, but all it said was
    ust dropping you a note to let you know that I just paid the $15 membership fee via paypal.

I get lots of PMs from people who just want to update me that they've renewed their site supporter status. I am not sure why they do this. It is why I (very specifically) tell people that they have to say why they are PM'ing me about their status. Otherwise, I just treat it as a news piece and move on. I've since made the adjustment to your account, so you should be good to go.

Check out this thread from the Site Supporter Information forum:

When you signed up for Site Supporter status using the automated tool in your UserCP, there was a prominent notice that read as follows:
    VERY IMPORTANT NOTE THAT IS FREQUENTLY IGNORED (DON'T BE THAT GUY!):
    If you are donating to bypass the 50-post Classified restriction, please PM Scutter01 after becoming a Supporter to let him know as additional work will need to be done to allow you into the Classifieds.
    Guess what? You're that guy. You didn't PM me to make the appropriate adjustment to your account, or you PM'ed me with gibberish and assumed I'd understand why you were contacting me, or you PM'ed or e-mailed someone who isn't me and then two weeks later you posted a rant about how we ignored you. If you did not PM me AFTER becoming a Supporter and specifically request that I adjust your account, then the adjustment did not get made.

Please note that using the Contact Us form, e-mailing the administrator, or PMing Fenway WILL NOT GET YOUR ACCOUNT ADJUSTED. The ONLY WAY is to follow the directions above.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Yes, I did get your PM, but all it said was

Check out this thread from the Site Supporter Information forum:

I get lots of PMs from people who just want to update me that they've renewed their site supporter status. I am not sure why they do this. It's is why I (very specifically) tell people that they have to say why they are PM'ing me about their status. Otherwise, I just treat it as a news piece and move on. I've since made the adjustment to your account, so you should be good to go.

And there you have it :rockwoot:

wlr2

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I get lots of PMs from people who just want to update me that they've renewed their site supporter status. I am not sure why they do this. It's is why I (very specifically) tell people that they have to say why they are PM'ing me about their status. Otherwise, I just treat it as a news piece and move on. I've since made the adjustment to your account, so you should be good to go.

Just a suggestion, how about this:
    PM should contain the following information:
    User Name:
    Real First Name:
    Amount Paid:
    Renewal or First Time:

This would make sure that you get the information that you want/need.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Just a suggestion, how about this:
    PM should contain the following information:
    User Name:
    Real First Name:
    Amount Paid:
    Renewal or First Time:

This would make sure that you get the information that you want/need.

Because I don't need any of that. I just need the person to tell me why they are PM'ing me. If I can't even get them to tell me what they want, there's NO WAY they're going to follow a rigorous format like you've outlined. Seriously, you have no idea the amount of gibberish I get in PM's. This was my most recent one, from an already-registered member:
    tried to reg
    That was it. No follow-up or anything. As an unpaid volunteer who doesn't even mod anymore, I have neither the time nor the inclination to track down and decipher what the sender is trying to accomplish if they can't be bothered right from the start.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Thanks for fixing my account. Don't mean to be a PITA.

Just don't let it happen again or I'll sick the dogs on you. Or the bees. Or the dogs with bees in their mouths and when they bark, they shoot bees at you.

*shakes fist menacingly*

wlr2

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Because I don't need any of that. I just need the person to tell me why they are PM'ing me. If I can't even get them to tell me what they want, there's NO WAY they're going to follow a rigorous format like you've outlined. Seriously, you have no idea the amount of gibberish I get in PM's. This was my most recent one, from an already-registered member:

That was it. No follow-up or anything. As an unpaid volunteer who doesn't even mod anymore, I have neither the time nor the inclination to track down and decipher what the sender is trying to accomplish if they can't be bothered right from the start.

I can understand. I used to manage a call center and we had the misfortune to meet people that should not play with anything sharp, let alone electronics. We took phone calls, emails, and chats.
    Still gives me nightmares.

wlr2

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Indianapolis
    You forgot the rabbits, the ones with big sharp pointy teeth

Rabbits? I shall use the Holy Hand grenade of Antioch and three shall be the number that I count to before lobbing the grenade at mine enemy and having them smited because they are naughty.

Top Bottom