• ...and so much more!
  • BaconGrease

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Indianapolis
    :wavey:

I also played regularly at an outdoor field near New Palestine whose name escapes me (BaconGrease, do you remember?) around that same time, and later, in the woods behind the self-storage place off 136 in Speedway.
    I don't exactly remember the name but it was something like Indiana Action Adventures. The guy who ran it also did Dungeons and Dragons type stuff.

Splatterzone was a great place. Now its a parking lot for Lucas Oil Stadium. I don't know if my first time playing was there or at an indoor place up in Fort Wayne. I was also 15 at the time and I was hooked as well.

Shooter521 you forgot about the place in Beech Grove off of Hornet Av at the dead end. We used to play with the Headhunters over there. Remember the trips to Kokomo to play with the Killer Bees?

Now that we have thoroughly:hijack:this post, I will say that playing paintball can teach you to be tactical and conscious of your surroundings. It can also teach you how to properly use cover and concealment. Not only have I learned those things from playing paintball but I've also learned trigger discipline. In the early days of paintball you didn't have ~200+ round hoppers, or 20bps paint slingers. You carried small capacity guns (similar to real guns-3357 and Splatmasters for example), so you had to use cover, concealment, and trigger discipline in order to survive. I never played tourney ball, but what I'm talking about can be learned from woodsball. If you want to use paintball to learn these things then go out and play stock class or pump woodsball type games. Don't expect to learn it carrying 500+rounds on your person with a full auto marker. You won't have that kind of firepower in a regular gun fight so you can't learn properly if you don't train with the right type of equipment or in a similar situation. :twocents:
    HTH

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    kickin' it old school

Was moving a bunch of stuff out of the attic to make way for the insulation guys to come tomorrow, and found my giant JT gearbag with all my old PB stuff in it. Here are my only surviving markers - a WGP Ranger (top) and an AKA 'cocker (bottom) that I had literally forgotten I had.

markers.jpg

Also in the bag were a couple 4500 PSI nitrogen tanks, a couple facemask/goggle systems, pods, a carrier and some jerseys (which remarkably still fit!).

Guess I'm more ready for that INGO pickup game than I thought!

akaindy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    Indianapolis, IN USA
    Shooter521

Next time your at my place bring the old autococker by and we'll hook it up to my small shop compressor and see it all the seals still hold air. I still remeber building that marker. :rockwoot:

I've still have plenty of gear for a pickup game or two once the warm weather hits.

akaindy

Last edited:

andrewheath

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Team Wiseguys are definitely still around. We practice primarily at Paintball Indiana south of mooresville and Paintball Plex in Ft. wayne. I'd really look forward to an Ingo pick up game.

I have to agree with Charlie, it definitely isn't the same as it was. The attitude of the sport has certainly changed from years past.

Those are Awesome...!!! I really loved playing in the old days..!!! Not the same now..I enjoy playing now but just not the same..!!!

darrent

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Muncie, Indiana
    There really isnt anything that will MENTALLY prepare you for real world combat... sure you can train so your PHYSICAL skills are muscle memory making your reactions to contact quicker and more appropriate, but until you have been in "real world combat" nothing can prepare your mind for it... nothing.

I would not agree with your assessment that "nothing" prepares you mentally for real world combat. A proper training program can make you more mentally prepared for combat. Things like basic training and martial arts are not just for muscle memory, but for mental preparation and toughness. Train like you fight - fight like you train.

Charlie2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Mooresville.
    I am ready for an INGO game ..!!! I have been thinking of getting something started about The end of March begining of April...!! How many would be up for this...??? If so give me some dates..I will get with Chris from Paintball Indiana and try and work something out.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I am ready for an INGO game ..!!! I have been thinking of getting something started about The end of March begining of April...!! How many would be up for this...??? If so give me some dates..I will get with Chris from Paintball Indiana and try and work something out.

I wouldn't be able to work it in until late April or early May.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township

I'm down +1........dates are tough for me to commit to though. My job has me by the cajones:rolleyes:.....Sounds like a blast though.:rockwoot:

Charlie2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Mooresville.
    I also have a rough schedule...!!! Late April or May will work for me .. You guys throw out some possible dates. And we will go from there..!!!

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    Nice. AND now that BBT is gone from NWI it is hard to get the suckers filled for a good price anymore.

Yeah....unless you scuba:):.....I work down the street from the BBT in Lansing.....but I still try to avoid the place whenever possible. CO2 was easy to fill from home with a simple setup......go figure that compressing air to 4500psi is a bit trickier.

TargetIndy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Tom Kaye's been working on a personal compressor that can fill a paintball tank in about a day. The time can be reduced to four hours if you have a shop compressor to drive it. His target price is $300 - $400.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    Tom Kaye's been working on a personal compressor that can fill a paintball tank in about a day. The time can be reduced to four hours if you have a shop compressor to drive it. His target price is $300 - $400.

Interesting....please explain that a bit further...I haven't really looked into it, but it would be sweet to fill your own tanks. I have some serious compressors in my shop, just none capable of generating that kind of pressure.

Top Bottom