• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    1 bottle nail polish + 1 bottle glow in the dark nail polish. Put on the color you want then the glow over top as its pretty transparent. Cheap, durable, comes with its own brush, available in stores.

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    just about any paint will work, as 1911LY pointed out, but just as he has done, surface prep and proper paint application is key

Aaron

I have some Testor's white enamel at the house. I think I'm going to try a couple coats of that, AFTER cleaning it with their enamel thinner.

1 bottle nail polish + 1 bottle glow in the dark nail polish. Put on the color you want then the glow over top as its pretty transparent. Cheap, durable, comes with its own brush, available in stores.

Yeah. I'm single, live alone, and don't use nail polish. So, there's that...:D

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I have about 10 colors. Single here too. But I use it to mark cables and plugs. :): Testers paint is the same stuff as nail polish. You just get a lot less for the $. It will work fine. Don't use thinner to clean it before paint. It is for softening and removing. Not so much for prepping. Use acetone. Do not use nail polish remover with a conditioner it. It will leave a film. If you don't have any acetone just thoroughly clean it with alcohol.

LostWander

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 25, 2016
    SWFL
    In the same vein as painting for visibility, what is the general consensus on painting rear sights out? Ive been debating it for my Shield, just blacking out the rear and making the front a bit brighter.

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    In the same vein as painting for visibility, what is the general consensus on painting rear sights out? Ive been debating it for my Shield, just blacking out the rear and making the front a bit brighter.

That's how mine will be. It's a personal preference. Some like contrasting colors like 1911ly's in post 20, and some would just rather make it easier to focus on the front.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    What ever works and helps you acquire the that target is right. I tried combo's of red, orange, yellow and green. Painted and unpainted rear sights. The orange and green combo worked great for me. Others might not work well with that combo. Try and find what works best for you.

LostWander

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 25, 2016
    SWFL
    Ill have to see about experimenting then. Will be hitting the range soon anyway so good excuse to test out something besides what I've always used

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    Ill have to see about experimenting then. Will be hitting the range soon anyway so good excuse to test out something besides what I've always used

You might put a piece of electrical tape or other black tape over the rear sight to see if that works better for you. That way you wouldn't have to repaint it if it doesn't work for you.

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    I got around to painting my front sight today. I'm pretty happy with the outcome. It's a whole lot easier to line up now!
    Before:
    20170704_094414.jpg

After:
    20170704_102129.jpg

Top Bottom