• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Between ECQC / MUC from Craig Douglas and Unthinkable from Dr William Aprill (both in 2017), I'd suggest this class...

I've mentioned it to a few friends, but not sure their schedules (or injuries) will allow it to happen. Does this include the Mountain Goat Drill or is it more verbally based?

No mountain goat drill. It is largely half and half. The physical portion is very scaleable (word?). We try to give everyone some honest resistance, but some people like to get more aggressive than others, and that is just fine.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    No mountain goat drill. It is largely half and half. The physical portion is very scaleable (word?). We try to give everyone some honest resistance, but some people like to get more aggressive than others, and that is just fine.

And students have the option of not flopping around on the ground if they don't want to do it or can't do it. I just observed that part of the class when I attended.

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    And students have the option of not flopping around on the ground if they don't want to do it or can't do it. I just observed that part of the class when I attended.

I am too fragile to be flopping around on the ground, I may need to observe that part as well. We shall see:oldwise:waaa2

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I am amazed there is still room in this class. These usually sell out, and for good reason.

This is material you can and will use at some level every single day.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Just to clarify - OK to wear EDC to this class?

Yes. We will be disarming during the class and patting everybody down just in case someone's finally tuned ninja skills take over. We secure the gear in a separate room during this portion of the class. Feel free to carry to the class however you normally would. I do.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Yes. We will be disarming during the class and patting everybody down just in case someone's finally tuned ninja skills take over. We secure the gear in a separate room during this portion of the class. Feel free to carry to the class however you normally would. I do.

Fantastic. Looking forward to it!

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld

Good info, thanks for clarifying!! See you Saturday

Indyal

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Anyone remember the scene from Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome where he had to check in his weapons before entering?

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    I just completed the Managing Confrontations with Mike, Josh and Jackson of Paladin Combatives. This is a class that all people, of all ages, of all skill levels should take whether you carry a gun or not. This class is about avoidance!! How to recognize and react to an issue before it gets to the SHTF stage. The instructors are very well versed at helping you develop your verbal, visual and defensive skills. They will teach you things that you had no idea that you needed to know. They are very good about letting you participate at any level you feel comfortable, and will spend extra time with you if the see that you need a little extra help. I highly recommend this class to all!!

Thanks to Mike, Josh and Jackson for a very enlightening and educational day.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    I was a part of this class on Saturday and as BJones said - great class. Very good instructors who took the time to ensure everyone had a solid understanding, questions answered and were all able to participate. Even encouraged me when I was on the fence - and I'm glad I did.

I had a few big takeaways as I'm sure others did. Without divulging their material - these are things you can use every day of your life as well as if you have a confrontation and it diffuses or escalates. Great material and well worth the price of admission. I have not had a chance to type up my notes yet, but I plan on sharing this info with my wife and son as well.

I encourage others to take this class. Great learnings.

Top Bottom