• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • elwoodward

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    Washington Co.
    1 is a sponsor, and saying anything negative about a business that is a sponsor is a quick way to get banned, regardless of the issue
    What does it matter if they are a sponsor or not if they have to lie to people to get their money i wouldn't their money sponsoring me, i could find other sponsors. just my :twocents:. :patriot:

APB

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2012
    Thanks for all the feedback. I will make sure that the Palmetto I am looking at is truly a Palmetto.

0scarM!ke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2012
    The shop is asking $699 for the Palmetto.

If your budget is strict...buy it. If you can stand to save a little more, then find a Colt LE 6920. It's the gold standard. Heck, i have even heard of some Wal-Marts beginning to sell them for ~$900ish...

If not Colt, then go Daniel Defence, LMT, or Bravo Company.

civicisaye

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2012
    Evansville
    If your budget is strict...buy it. If you can stand to save a little more, then find a Colt LE 6920. It's the gold standard. Heck, i have even heard of some Wal-Marts beginning to sell them for ~$900ish...

If not Colt, then go Daniel Defence, LMT, or Bravo Company.

I kind of disagree. There are quite a few folks on here that would testify to the quality of PSA. A price tag or brand name does not always define its quality. Some bargains really are damn good bargains; others, well you er what you pay for. If it is a true PSA, it's one of those damn good bargains. :twocents:

ETA: that is not meaning any other brand is inferior, just saying PSA is great quality for what you pay.

Last edited:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I kind of disagree. There are quite a few folks on here that would testify to the quality of PSA. A price tag or brand name does not always define its quality. Some bargains really are damn good bargains; others, well you er what you pay for. If it is a true PSA, it's one of those damn good bargains. :twocents:

With the specs and the reviews on the PSA rifles, I feel that my recent build was a pretty good deal @ around $800. Chrome lined M4 kits can be built for under $650. Hammer forged M4 kits under $700 (when they're back in stock).

I know I'll be building several more PSA rifles. I've been looking at BCM for awhile and choose to go with PSA because I didn't see enough of a difference in specs to justify the extra $$$. I got the rifle I wanted and saved.

jcharrison05

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 13, 2011
    Richmond
    Very true it's such a horrible addiction that can only be fixed by buying more and updgrading them! Good luck and make sure to post some pics with what you decided on.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    1 is a sponsor, and saying anything negative about a business that is a sponsor is a quick way to get banned, regardless of the issue

That's the most ridiculous thing I've read on here today. No one in the history of INGO has EVER been banned as a result of sharing their negative opinion about a local business, advertiser or not. Its not our job to protect their interests, lol. I've already got enough work to do.

Please don't spread misinformation.

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    I say go for PSA.... My Franken AR was 100% PSA... now its a bit franken but still functions amazingly.. I just got a new PSA LPK and the shipping was real quick and the quality is amazing.

Catsfan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2011
    Ft Wayne
    I finally got a chance to get some rounds thru my PSA AR (my 1st AR) that I finished a few weeks ago. First, a little 'parts list'.... SurplusArms lower (grim reaper version), Palmetto State Rifle Kit (16", Mid-Length, CMV, Lt Prof., w/ MOE handguard). Everything went together smoothly and without issue (& this was my 1st build ever).

Before I completed the build, I sent the stock trigger off to Bill Springfield to have him do his basic trigger job on it (8 days and it was back to me). Now... I have not yet decided on what optics to go with, SO... in the meantime, I slapped an RRA rear site (from a friend) on it for now. Total invested so far (including; trigger job, S&H, FFL fee & 2 Magpul 30 rd mags.... $650) :rockwoot:

I put 100 rnds thru it yesterday and I must say, I am ABSOLUTELY THRILLED with it. Performed flawlessly! I think my wife is even hooked! Also, my friend (RRA AR owner and former marine sniper) was impressed with it. I CANNOT recommend PSA or Bill Springfield enough!!!!

Palmettos

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    Columbia, SC
    I've seen PSA lowers mated with obvious non PSA uppers being sold as "new" PSA rifles in 2 different indiana gun stores

Our complete rifles come with warranty information, owner's manual, etc. These rifles being sold as "ours", will obviously not carry any factory warranty. We have seen the same thing with rifles on Gunbroker.

Top Bottom