• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T755

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Short version is this. Palmetto had a bad batch of barrels, bolt carriers and incorrect buffers and springs. The known problems were misbored and oblong chambers, bolt face and headspacing problems and inability to clock the barrel correctly even when shimmed. For thumper his will not close on any commercial or nato 308. In his the round jumps forward of the extractor. In mine. I have had to replace the upper receiver, on the 2nd barrel, 2nd bolt and carrier and on the 2nd barrel finish reamed it in spec. It functions with quality commercial spec ammo about 85-90% now. In trying to trace the problem it keeps going back to two issues. Insufficent bolt closing force and excessive extractor tension. The extractors come with two o rings on it. When you remove on it functions but stove pipes. So when the carriers come back from Palmetto, we will see what happens. I suspicion they are usinging the wrong buffer, spring or a combination of the two.

T755

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    On and his was factory built that choked out of the box and was dirty as if test fired. Mine I assembled from their parts.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    The buffer you use should be a standard AR-15 H buffer, 27 coil spring, and either the PA-10 buffer tube. An AR-15 buffer tube will not work.

The barrel problem is related to the free bore and was talked about in depth on the PSA industry sub-forum on arfcom.

I have a complete Palmetto PA-10 except I wanted to avoid the barrel issues so I got an 18" Mega barrel. Has functioned flawlessly the first 100 rounds unsuppressed and the following 400 suppressed.

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Faff
    Top Bottom