Palmetto State Armory Derangement: Real or Fake News?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Love me some PSA.

Good priced gear, and fantastic customer service. LIke the time they could have told me to pound sand for a mod to fix a feed issue, but instead replaced the barrel, did their own version of the fix, and solved the issue. Oh, and at first the CS rep told me to hang onto the rifle for 2 months because they were backlogged on the possible parts to fix it. Better to have me shooting a safe but marginally feeding gun than to have it sitting on a shelf at their site for 2 months. I really appreciate that honesty.

Only thing I dont like is availability. Some uppers are always out of stock, yet similar versions (their flash hider vs a KAK) come available.

ETA: The complaint upthread about shipping speed? Its because they are so popular they cant build their crap fast enough. Want an AR-9? Cant buy a complete rifle because they are sold as uppers and lowers so you can mix and match to get exactly what you want. Seems like one or the other is always out of stock. (or both) So you have to find what you want and add it to a watch list. As soon as the half you want becomes available you have to jump on and order it. My first AR-9 was purchased over the course of two days; Upper came available on a Friday, the lower on a Saturday. I literally bought my lower as I was walking out the door to go do something with the fam.

Last edited:

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    PSA of today not PSA of five years ago. Their willingness to fix problems and push out changes and improvements has them running circles around the legacy manufacturers.

The only thing that worries me about PSA today is that last year saw some very aggressive price increases and I expect the increases to continue this year.

Kevo9009

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I think palmetto is great for getting new shooters involved. Anytime someone has questions on what’s a good (insert gun type) to buy I always tell them to check out PSA. I’ve used them before and they are great for the money IMO. Using one of their cheaper build kits can get a new builder/shooter familiar with the platform and they can always go bigger the next time or build on what they have. Their ammo and other daily deals are great too.

Top Bottom