• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Between the ones I've bought and sold over the years for myself and the ones I've helped friends put together I've probably had my hands on around 10 - 15 PSA rifles. I completely agree that you should spend the extra $50 or whatever and stick to their premium line not because they're cheap stuff is bad, but because for and extra $50 you get so much more quality for the money.

Of all their rifle I've handled the only one I had a hiccup with was a 14.5" pinned upper. The front sight base was just slightly off center. I sent it back to them and when it came back fixed it also came back with a nickel boron bolt carrier group inside it. I asked them if it was a mistake and they said go ahead and keep it. I got hooked up pretty good and the rifle ran like a race horse.

The only other hiccup I had was with a build that had one of their cheaper bolt carrier groups. I didn't get through a 20 round mag and the extractor had broken. I bought a $10 replacement extractor and the rifle never had another hiccup.

When dealing with PSA, buy their premium line uppers and bolt carrier groups period. You will have a quality rifle if you do those two things. I've ran the crap out of my guns and they held up to everything I threw at them in carbine classes and everything else.

The wait time has really improved with PSA. They used to be a complete train wreck, but here lately it seems they've gotten their stuff together.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    My first build with PSA is a pistol and I got it on their 4th of July Sale. I have heard that because of slight difference the receivers might not be able to mate with other brands. So if I ever plan to get an SBR, I'm going to buy a more brand named receiver that will fit most uppers.

Shootandreload

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2017
    FRANKLIN
    I went ahead and bought it.I have ran about 100 rnds of 150 gr fiochi thru it. Operated flawlessly, upper and lower fit really well. Topped of with my sig romeo 4. Thanks again for the advice.

Top Bottom