• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dirty Steve

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Danville
    I really can't think of anything productive to say about that comment so I'll just say this. What a moron. Glad I've only broken the 500 yard mark on big game kills so I can still be considered ethical.

Dirty Steve

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Wonder if they change the units from yards to meters if that changes anything? Most people use the two interchangeably, which generally at distances less than 100yds doesn't make a major differece. But at 800...that is a serious ethical difference!

coltaceguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Indiana
    Isn't this the new place around Bloomington?

My buddy called over there to join their range, and they had all these crazy rules about taking their expensive "training classes" to be allowed to use the range, and then pay range dues on top of that.

Pass

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    It will probably look something like the one I got from them in November 2011 when I commented on how unsafe and unprofessional the videos they posted on their facebook page were.

I am a Veteran too, and I have taken training classes OUTSIDE of the crappy military training that we are given. I'm not sure if the videos are on the page still, but the 3 gun video he is talking about had a guy with an AR flag the camera man, fumble 2 pistol reloads and then do really well on shotgun reloads. There was another video that showed a guy shooting an AK from the hip at a keg and I commented that that didn't seem like "training." After this response I will never be visiting their range and I try to steer people away from them.

There are no 3-gun videos on the "Training videos" page of their website, but even without watching a single video, the page had all the FAIL I needed to see to know that I won't be seeking their services anytime soon:

Training

Basic Pistol Advanced Pistol

Assault rifle
    Tactical shotgun
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Nuclear_Facepalm.jpg

Matt52

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Wait til this guy finds out that people can make accurate hits past 1500 yards with the right equipment and conditions!

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Devil's Advocate:

A training company That Shall Not Be Named I know of requests that class-takers provide either a copy of a LTCH / other state's permit/license or a copy of a recent limited criminal history check.

I heard it explained that they want to attempt to mitigate providing training to those who may not be qualified (perhaps criminally DQ'd from having a handgun)...

It's a business decision they've made. And I respect it.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Devil's Advocate:

A training company That Shall Not Be Named I know of requests that class-takers provide either a copy of a LTCH / other state's permit/license or a copy of a recent limited criminal history check.

I heard it explained that they want to attempt to mitigate providing training to those who may not be qualified (perhaps criminally DQ'd from having a handgun)...

That is different in my eyes, at least, from them statement of panther training saying it's unethical to shoot past 800....

theundeadelvis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 3, 2012
    From the article, "Currently, Panther Ridge offers a maximum distance of 650 meters, or 710 yards." They are 270 feet in the "ethically clear." Phew!

Electronrider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    White County
    I no longer get riled up when people/buisnesses post this kind of crap. I simply make a mental note of it, and refuse to do any kind of buisness with them. They choose how to operate/manage their buisness, I choose where to spend my money. Pretty simple.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    Devil's Advocate:

Front sight runs a background check i think. I have no problem with that. I'm just not a fan of panther ridge period

Top Bottom