• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Love the comments, especially the one that says "If it says 6 tons and your are 35 tons " then proceeds to call names... Not much of a grammar nazi but that one made me laugh!

Also like how one states that men are some of the worst drivers she sees. I wonder if that is because they are trying to avoid her?

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    This is what was posted on Facebook by the Orange County Indiana Law Enforcement page:

On December 25, 2015, on or about 1200 hours, Mary Lambright, 23 year old female from Fredericksburg, Indiana was driving a 2015 Volvo Semi Truck with a 53 foot box trailer containing 43,000 pounds of bottled water. Ms. Lambright stated her intentions were to park her semi in the parking lot of the Paoli Wal-Mart. Lambright entered the square from East Main Street and missed the exit heading to Wal-Mart and exited onto West Main Street. Ms. Lambright then turned left onto Southwest 1st Street in an attempt to turn around. She travel down Southwest 1st and turned left onto South Gospel Street. She made several attempts to turn left on to South Oak Street but was unsuccessful. Ms. Lambright was aware of a parking lot further north on South Gospel Street and determined she could turn the truck around in the lot to get back to Southwest 1st Street. When she approached the parking lot she discovered it was full of heavy equipment and could not use it to turn around. Ms. Lambright was aware of the iron bride stating she had driven on it several times in her personal vehicle and was also aware of the posted signage “no semis, weight limit of 6 tons”. When asked by Paoli Police why she continued through the bridge knowing the weight limit was only 6 tons she admitted to not knowing how many pounds that was. She was advised the weight of the vehicle at the time of the crash was close to 30 tons. Ms. Lambright stated she wasn’t comfortable backing the semi up and made the decision to try to go through the bridge. When the semi entered the bridge the trailer immediately began ripping open due to the trailer was taller than the top of the bridge. As the vehicle continued the weight of the vehicle caused the bridge to collapse. Ms. Lambright and her 17 year old female cousin, who was also in the vehicle, exited the vehicle and were unharmed. Ms. Lambright received her CDL endorsement on 5/12/2015. She currently works for Louisville Logistics out of Louisville, Kentucky. The vehicle and trailer were hauled to Wilcox wrecker service out of Salem, Indiana and is being held pending an inspection by the Indiana State Police.
    Agencies/Companies involved in this incident are;
    Paoli Police, Orange County Sheriff Department, Paoli Fire and Rescue, Paoli Town employees, IU Health, Wilcox Wrecker Service, Hankins Corvette Sales, and Kendell Trucking
    Ms. Lambright is cited for the following;
    Indiana code 9-21-8-50, reckless operation of Tractor-Trailer, a class B misdemeanor
    Indiana code 9-21-8-41, disregarding a traffic control device, a class B infraction
    Indiana code 9-20-7-1, overweight on posted bridge.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Wow. Those comments... well....she did try to drive a 70,000 pound truck across a 12,000 pound bridge so it only makes sense she would be commenting on the story.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    THIS IS WHY WE CANT HAVE NICE THINGS!!!

Seriously, how stupid can you be to not comprehend A: your truck is TALLER than the bridge, and B: it is WAAAAAAY heavier than the bridge can support. Its not like its common core math. Tons to pounds is not that hard to calculate. Hell, if she was only over by a ton or so and it gave way I could understand. But geez!

I hope she gets fired and loses her CDL. She is obviously too stupid to operate that rig.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    "She currently works for Louisville Logistics out of Louisville, Kentucky"

I'll bet not much longer.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Ms. Lambright was aware of the iron bride stating she had driven on it several times in her personal vehicle and was also aware of the posted signage “no semis, weight limit of 6 tons”. When asked by Paoli Police why she continued through the bridge knowing the weight limit was only 6 tons she admitted to not knowing how many pounds that was.

Wow. No need for math when driving.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    odd story - it did not state the driver's name. fortunately the comment section will show up in the internet search engines. so the next trucking company can find the story.

too bad for Paoli. Hope they rebuild it as a duplicate of the old bridge.

I'll just leave this here........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzkWTcDZFH0

The story I pasted into my post showed her info: Mary Lambright, 23 year old female from Fredericksburg, Indiana was driving a 2015 Volvo Semi

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I hope she gets fired and loses her CDL. She is obviously too stupid to operate that rig.

This is why I despise driving schools, free-standing or operated as an adjunct to a trucking company. Rather than as in the good old days when people became truck drivers because they wanted to drive a truck and learned from a truck driver, and started driving on his/her own when that driver felt that adequate proficiency had been attained, it is now a numbers-based timed program in which people who apply because they saw an ad in the classifieds telling them they could make $50K/year get shoved through a 3 week or so program, shepherded through the testing program (often administered by the school itself with no real oversight), told they are now 'professionals' and turned loose in trucks.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Can't convert between tons and pounds. Maybe if you're a truck driver you should know.
    At the very least, maybe an app on a phone if you can't figure out to drop three zeros off the pounds, then divide by 2.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Can't convert between tons and pounds. Maybe if you're a truck driver you should know.
    At the very least, maybe an app on a phone if you can't figure out to drop three zeros off the pounds, then divide by 2.

Convert tons to pounds? Hell, most of these monkey school graduates can't even drive the damned truck let alone do the math.

Last edited:

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    odd story - it did not state the driver's name. fortunately the comment section will show up in the internet search engines. so the next trucking company can find the story.

too bad for Paoli. Hope they rebuild it as a duplicate of the old bridge.

I'll just leave this here........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzkWTcDZFH0
    The video is funny but sad to see how many of the trucks didn't even slow down for the low bridge or know how tall the truck and trailer were. Need to build a trailer repair shop by that bridge and over the years in Chicago have see a lot of truck drivers letting the air out of the tires to get thru an underpass.

jlutzcurtis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2015
    Searching
    I think that truck driver is totally uneducated. The weight limit board clearly showing maximum weight you can carry through the bridge is 6 tons, and that truck weighing more then that limit. So this crush highly attempted by self wish.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom