• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Garrison on WIBC was laying into a caller about this whole thing. Caller put up the whole "don't wanna be in a shootout" argument. Garrison picked it apart, called him a smartass coward

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Garrison on WIBC was laying into a caller about this whole thing. Caller put up the whole "don't wanna be in a shootout" argument. Garrison picked it apart, called him a smartass coward
    It's funny how people would rather be shot dead by a criminal than have a fighting chance in a "shoot out".

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    So, they are going to take a loss on some of their orders to have some people show up who might defend them from robbers....why doesn't he subsidise his employees getting a LTCH and a firearm instead? And carry one himself? I'd feel better if the staff were responsible for their own safety rather than trying to rope me and others into being their guardians for a discounted sandwich. Why shouldn't they provide for the safety of their own staff and patrons?

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Feel free to subsidize firearms for your own employees. He is handling this as he feels is best. You really have to dig to find anything negative with his actions.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    So, they are going to take a loss on some of their orders to have some people show up who might defend them from robbers....why doesn't he subsidise his employees getting a LTCH and a firearm instead? And carry one himself? I'd feel better if the staff were responsible for their own safety rather than trying to rope me and others into being their guardians for a discounted sandwich. Why shouldn't they provide for the safety of their own staff and patrons?

I hate agreeing with you... Fortunately, it doesn't happen very often, but this is one of those times. :)

This feels to me like just another chance for papa to get his name in the news, rather than a genuine concern for security.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Maybe he does carry? I haven't seen that he doesn't. Maybe several of his staff carry, but THAT one didn't? At least, not that day.

The marketing does seem to be working.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    1. Wouldn't he be more liable if he encouraged arming his employees?
    2. I'd imagine that option is also more expensive for him.
    3. I doubt he's going to experience much, if any, loss from this.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    It's funny how people would rather be shot dead by a criminal than have a fighting chance in a "shoot out".

I couldn't agree more. And to those who say to just hand it over, it's just stuff, things can be replaced, file an insurance claim... well, NO, that doesn't work for me.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    He doesn't have to worry about arming his employees or himself. This very smart business move will advertise the fact that his establishment is far from being a gun free zone. Thus a poor risk for the cowardly thugs. His businesses threat potential just fell drastically.

Hopefully more Indy businesses will jump onto this genius move?

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    The better half and I will be dining there soon. Although we'll let him know we have LTCH we have decided not to avail ourselves of the discount. Carrying is a civic responsibility and is its own reward.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States

I don't know how much he loses with a 25% discount, and I expect some of that will be made up with in tips and therefore employee morale. He's also getting a lot of business.

As for subsidizing employees, that's a WHOOOLE different ballgame. No way would I do that as a small business owner; not in today's litigious society.

I don't forbid my employees from carrying nor do I ask them if they carry. They know that I carry, but I don't give them access to my personal firearms.

If they decide to take training on their own, that's great. I've even had them to my home to introduce them to shooting. But paying for it makes you a sponsor of the activity and therefore more responsible for the outcome of the activity. It means writing a policy manual that defines exactly what you are subsidizing and what the expectations are for getting the subsidy, etc.

Edit to add: what's the turnover rate in a restaurant? How much are you going to invest in permitting and training an employee for an additional job (defense) when it's already expensive just to hire him

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Feel free to subsidize firearms for your own employees. He is handling this as he feels is best. You really have to dig to find anything negative with his actions.

To be fair... are you speaking about this specific event, or all of his past actions? Since this happened, I've heard quite a few negative things come up regarding taxes, and social media brigading.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I was replying to mrjarrell's post immediately before mine. Not sure how you could reasonably interpret it any other way.

I saw it as a quote (above mine), without the quote within the quote.

Either way, even in context... "You really have to dig to find anything negative with his actions" is a pretty general statement.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    You really want to go down that road? You really think I was stating that anything that he has done in entire life is okay? Puulease. I was talking about the topic of this thread. Now you are the one that is reaching.

I don't feel the need to quote statements immediately before mine. It should be rather obvious from the context.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    You really want to go down that road? You really think I was stating that anything that he has done in entire life is okay? Puulease. Now you are reaching.

... I don't even know the guy, I was just asking your context. All you had to say was "No, just talking about this event" and that would have answered my question. Not trying to put you on the spot, I'm just stating that... since this event occurred... people have brought up some negative things about Papa Roux that I never knew about. I'm learning here.

No need to get unnecessarily chippy.

Here's a puppy. Everyone smile.

tyNb50H.jpg

Top Bottom