• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    After thinking about it for a couple months, I finally decided to pull the trigger on my first suppressor. I thought about going with a 30cal can for my 260, but after doing a lot of research decided to go with the Huntertown Guardian since I've already got a couple hosts set up (Savage FV-SR and G19 with AA conversion).

The biggest thing that sold me on a can actually was the video SilencerCo did with the AA Glock kit and their Sparrow suppressor; seeing and hearing a 35dB reduction suppressed vs. unsuppressed was awesome.

Went to Orion Arms down in Jeffersonville and worked with Chris Hogue. They actually have a FV-SR in the store with a Guardian on it. He let me demo the can with CCI SV...and it was a fair bit quieter than a buddy's break-barrel Crossman Phantom .177 air rifle.

Paid for the can Wednesday, got the CLEO signature & requisite paperwork completed Thursday, and Chris mailed the paperwork yesterday. Orion was great to work with; definitely not the cheapest around but Chris knows his stuff and made the process VERY painless for me on this first go-round.

There's a long list of friends already asking to shoot it once it arrives, and If I'm lucky, I'll be "getting my can on" by 4th of July :patriot:

(I think this NFA stuff is going to prove about as addictive and expensive as any drug)

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    (I think this NFA stuff is going to prove about as addictive and expensive as any drug)

And you won't get an intervention from us here, all you will get is encouragement!!!:rockwoot:

Congrats on your first can, you should post this info in our Timeline thread as well. Try not to think about it too much, the wait will depress you.

IndyRon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 1, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Congrats. Don't hold your breath on July. Most are taking 6-7 months and it seems to be getting longer. I've been waiting on my Form 4 since 11/7.

Ridgeway

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 23, 2008
    ATF cashed my check today, so I'm settling in for the long haul now...

Enjoy the wait. My form 4 went out early September (also purchased @ Orion, very painless & easy process there) & I'm still waiting. :(
    I keep thinking any day/week now . . .

menzzer37

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    Noblesville
    My check was cashed on my form 4 on September 4th, pending September 19th, and still no approval. Check out NFAtracker.com to guess your time. You can see a time trend and it looks like 6-7 months is about dead on.

SERVED_USMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Lake County
    I have the paperwork on my table ready to go out tuesday. 2 cans. 30 cal and 5.56 YHM QD. Onve the check gets cashed Im going to try and forget about them. I set up a trust for these 2 so hopefully it will expedite it a little bit.

Ive got enough USPSA and 3gun to do this year that they will hopefully be in the back of my mind.....yeah right.....

MikeA

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    I have the paperwork on my table ready to go out tuesday. 2 cans. 30 cal and 5.56 YHM QD. Onve the check gets cashed Im going to try and forget about them. I set up a trust for these 2 so hopefully it will expedite it a little bit.

Ive got enough USPSA and 3gun to do this year that they will hopefully be in the back of my mind.....yeah right.....

Why wouldnt you just buy the YHM TI 7.62 and be done with it?

The TI 308 can weighs 5oz's less than the 5.56 carbon can.

SERVED_USMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Lake County
    Why wouldnt you just buy the YHM TI 7.62 and be done with it?

Same reason I could have just bought 1 gun and been done with it.

Can never have enough. :rockwoot:

I just wanted a dedicated can for my Mega 308 I just built, and one for my 5.56 SBR

The 5oz didnt matter that much to me, and neither did the cost ( im assuming thats what your concerned about)

Last edited:

MikeA

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Same reason I could have just bought 1 gun and been done with it.

Can never have enough. :rockwoot:

I just wanted a dedicated can for my Mega 308 I just built, and one for my 5.56 SBR

The 5oz didnt matter that much to me, and neither did the cost ( im assuming thats what your concerned about)

Not only the 5 oz's but the 308 Ti is half as much weight as the 308 carbon.

SERVED_USMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Lake County
    Not only the 5 oz's but the 308 Ti is half as much weight as the 308 carbon.

If I was concerned with the weight, I wouldnt have built a 12.8#, bi pod supported .308 to mount the can to. Its primary role will be a coyote thumper. Im not planning on any 12 mile hikes with it.

Im a big fella, Ill be fine.

ETA: Do you own this suppressor you speak so much about? Just curious.

MikeA

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    If I was concerned with the weight, I wouldnt have built a 12.8#, bi pod supported .308 to mount the can to. Its primary role will be a coyote thumper. Im not planning on any 12 mile hikes with it.

Im a big fella, Ill be fine.

ETA: Do you own this suppressor you speak so much about? Just curious.

Yes, and several others. If YHM had this out in the beginning when I got into suppressors it would of saved me some cash.

SERVED_USMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Lake County
    Yes, and several others. If YHM had this out in the beginning when I got into suppressors it would of saved me some cash.

And do you plan on buying more?

The whole point Im getting at, is that this isnt the first and it wont be the last.

I was looking at AAC for my next set, but Im already liking what Ive seen from Yankee. Ill keep this one in mind when my bonus check shows up.

MikeA

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    And do you plan on buying more?

The whole point Im getting at, is that this isnt the first and it wont be the last.

I was looking at AAC for my next set, but Im already liking what Ive seen from Yankee. Ill keep this one in mind when my bonus check shows up.

No I dont expect to buy any more, but now I have a 223 can that does not get used.

Top Bottom