• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • johenz

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Indianapols, IN
    I bought this gun used on Wednesday. I took it to the range for the first time yesterday. The previous owner claimed to only have put about 200 rounds through it and from the lack of wear on the weapon, I tend to believe him.

I'm impressed with the fit and finish of the gun. No rattle when it's shaken. It's the quality you'd expect from a Para Ordnance product. I'm not quite sure why Para has named it the "GI" Expert since it's apparent they didn;t set out to replicate the traditional Goverment Issue 1911. The weapon features a skeletonized hammer, and a trigger with the holes drilled in it. It also sports three dot sights (which the owners manual claims are adjustable for windage, but they fail to provide instructions on how to make that adjustment).

I fired 100 rounds through it with only one failure to feed, and that was on the second mag. I'm gonna chalk that up to "breaking in".

I made the mistake of firing the weapon at 25 yards initially. I probably would have been better firing it at 10 yards to assess its accuracy. I shot tight groups, but tended to hit to the left of my point of aim. I'm inclined to chalk that up to shooter error, since I tend to anticipate recoil sometimes.

Overall, I must say that I'm quite taken with the gun and very happy with my purchase. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it for any shooter. I'm not a bit hesitant to use this weapon for my EDC.

I may head the range for another session this afternoon.

If you have any specific questions, feel free.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    With the left hit, sounds like your trigger finger is pushing the trigger to the side, as opposed to pulling straight back. In all honesty, I do it myself with the "longer" trigger that feature holes. Give me a GI short trigger, miracle worker :D

Congrats on the Para. The ones I have seen at the range look great, function well. The finish is a bit "meh" but that is the cool thing about it, you can refinish it to whatever color you want! :)

I think Para was trying to capture the Springer Milspec crowd (not the Springer GI model). Its okay, anything is better than trying to fart around with GI sights!

johenz

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Indianapols, IN
    I took it to the range again today, along with RIA officer so I could shoot em side by side. I was dead on with the GI sights on my RIA, but still left (just a bit) with my Para. It must be the trigger thing. Any ideas on a mthod to fix it short of replacing the trigger?

Top Bottom