• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Has anyone been to Parabellum Firearms in Avon? I heard about them the other day, but haven't heard any reviews and whether it's a range or range/shop. It's only a few minute drive for me, but I don't wanna drive out there if it's just a range and not take anything with me. Their website was less than helpful on figuring out if it's just a range either.

cmamath13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Greenwood
    I have been and shot at their range. I was very impressed with the staff and the quality of the range. I thought the prices were fair too. I would go more often, but not close enough to my house.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Profire takes their machine guns there for the public to fire.

I think that is all that needs to be said about Parabellum.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Have shot there 4 times Nice place can get a little smokey in there though

That was my experience. Went on Labor Day to take advantage of the discounted lane fees and I'd have to say their ventilation system isn't as good as BGF. The range was nice and the staff was friendly, but between the poor ventilation and the way the target system kept bouncing around, I'm not sure I'll be back.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I was also there Labor day and it WAS packed, 14 lanes and a bit of a wait at times.. The owner is aware of the ventilation problem and a major upgrade is scheduled (tripling the air moving capacity) for the end of this month. From my location (Greenwood) it's about 5 minutes difference between Parabellum and BGF and the drive is much less congested. I've tried to make the trip to BGF a couple of times and run into what appeared to be armageddon around 465 and Emerson so spending an extra few minutes to avoid that is worth it to me. Targets bouncing around seems kind of hit and miss between the lanes depending on how tight the string for the target carriers are strung. I know that is generally what is broken when a lane is down.
    On the up side I know they have a "lunch special" every weekday, 11 -2 I think, that the lanes are also half price and they don't charge for ear or eye protection if you need it. Backstop is rated for anything up to 3800 foot pounds energy so anything below, I would guess, a 338 is generally welcome. They just opened in May and are having some teething problems but seem to be sorting through them pretty quickly. IMHO the staff and facility is top notch and the number of firearms available seem to improve every time I'm there . :yesway:

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]Ruger MK III, M&P & 1911mechanic
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] –[/FONT] Certified Glock armorer

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    We do sell firearms, the selection grows daily. We have rental firearms as well.

You may shoot rifles up to .300 Win Mag. No armor piercing or tracer ammo.

HVAC will be upgraded mid-September. Yeah, it was smoky Labor Day.

We don't charge extra for the moving targets - think of it as free training :dunno: I try to tension the cables once a week in order to lessen the bouncing, but it is what it is.

magus

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2014
    Central IN
    They have a Tavor listed on their rentals... not seen that anywhere else, and worth the drive to try if the sweet sweet Tavor has caught your eye. :)

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I'm definitely happy to hear the ventilation system is going to be upgraded. Hopefully the cables can be looked at as well. I can definitely say that lane 5 had some serious issues when I was there. I'll have to try again in October or so to see how things are after the changes. I'll be more than happy to post positive results and visit the range more often if the issues are resolved. :)

BrewerGeorge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Plainfield
    I'm definitely happy to hear the ventilation system is going to be upgraded. Hopefully the cables can be looked at as well. I can definitely say that lane 5 had some serious issues when I was there. I'll have to try again in October or so to see how things are after the changes. I'll be more than happy to post positive results and visit the range more often if the issues are resolved. :)
    Yeah, I had a bit of an issue with lane 5 on Sunday as well. But I was having so much trouble with the pistol that waiting didn't bother me much.

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    I'll look at 5 specifically as soon as I can, may be Monday, though. There's always gonna be some bounce in them, though. Patience, please :):

And, just so you know, you can ask for a different lane if you've had issues with a certain one before. If we aren't wall-to-wall busy, we will accommodate you!

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    We aren't stocking any yet, still trying to build up firearms stock. Happy to order anything you'd like, but honestly, we can't compete in accessories just yet.

Top Bottom