• ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Paracord. What do YOU use it for?

I'm thinking of placing an order off from LAPG Gear, and may order some paracord. I know a lot of guys have some. But what do you use it for?

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    Rifle sling, building shelters, keeping gear in the roof rack, clothes lines at the camp site, fish keeper, dragging deer, hanging deer, home-made bore snake (wrap around you fav barrel brush and pull it through), pull cord on the wood splitter motor, boot laces, compression strap for my large pack, making "forts" in the basement with the boys, canoe anchor rope, belt, ...

alloyguitar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    My watch band.

Hammock rigging, even if it's not recommended.

My camping knife is wrapped in it.

My dog's leash.

Small loops on pocket knives to hook them to carabiners on my climbing harness.

One of my nalgenes is wrapped in it.

Shelter rigging.

Extention to the cord to open my blinds (18ft ceilings and a 4ft cord don't work) in my living room.

Wrapped around a rifle stock as a cheek pad/just in case I'm in the field and need some.

That's all I can think of at the moment. It's great to have 100ft or so around just for small rigging jobs and whatnot. I keep it in my car everywhere I go. Instructables.com has some great tutorials on it.

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    I use it for FUN TIME with the girlfriend. Wink Wink...Hubba hubba. But seriously it can be used for any type of lashing needs you have. You never know when your gonna have to tie something down.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    Boot laces, lashings, zipper pulls, bracelets, I just put new string in the waist of my sweat pants with some, attaching knives and things to web gear.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    It's strong enough to hold a large basket of lotions &/or food + long enough to lower down into the pit. Keeps the girls happy down there.

alloyguitar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    You can get 5ft or so on a survival bracelet. I made one a while back and braided fishing hooks and a small bit of fishing line into the center (in such a way that it could never stab you).

...ever been camping and had a bear wander into your camp site? If you had to bug out in a hurry, those items might save your life.

Top Bottom