• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I owned one and must admit it was one I regret letting go. It ran flawlessly and I never had even one issue with it. It wasn't popular with 1911-purists, but I liked it a lot. I only got rid of it in order to get something else.

IMG143.jpg

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    I had one for several years. It was reliable and accurate, but I could never just get completely happy with the trigger action on it so I sold it and bought an alloy commander. That said, it was mechanically perfect through a high round count as it has several thousand rounds through it when I sold it.

T755

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    I carried one on duty for a while to get around the no cocked and locked policy. Put about 3k rounds on it before I sold it. One note… when I changed the spur hammer to the flush one I couldn't get it to reset. When i sent it to the factory they stated the frame and slide were both out of spec and didn't pass inspection. They hand built a replacement set and was a good gun since the full size gun hadn't been made in a long time. It's my understanding some less than stellar machined slides and frames made it out. Function test it thoroughly and make sure the firing pin doesn't stick in the slide when dry fired. Common issue.

bass pro

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    west side guy
    I have 2 1640 LDA pistols. They run well and I love the trigger. One of the 2 has a round count of at least 10k. I would love to find a 45 cal LDA to add to my collection.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I had bad luck with mine but only after letting an idiot work on it. That was why I learned how to do most "ALL" of my own work.

The triggers are different than a 1911 and if that is not an issue you should like the platform.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Most of the folks that don't like the para LDA or any traditional DAO's (with a hammer, Glocks and M&P's don't count) (and no offense to anyone here) is they were not trained "properly" on or had to carry a true double action design (ie revolver). Being I am a revolver head and started out a revolver I really like the LDA and feel it is one of the most underrated handguns around. but that's just me.

calum

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    N.Central Indiana
    Great comments everyone, thanks. I'm strongly leaning towards a .45 Para. Perhaps I'll get a chance to shoot the one I handled last weekend to make up my mind.

Who Dares Wins

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    Plainfield
    I think you are making a good choice. I bought this pistol in Que's photo, but in the "True 1911" style and it is great. Good quality and accurate with a Match Barrel! I looked at the LDA, but had never owned a 1911, so I went with the traditional trigger. I have never had any malfunction or other issues and would strongly recommend a Para to others.

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    I owned and carried a stainless C7.45 LDA for several years. It functioned perfectly and shot better than I can generally hold for. As a Certified Geezer and lifelong southpaw I grew up shooting mostly DA revolvers. The LDA trigger action was easy and natural for me to get accustomed to and never fazed me a bit.

The lack of "second strike" capability never became an issue, as after many years of training with a regular 1911 and other SA semiautos had engrained doing a "Tap, Rack, Bang" sequence reflexive should there have been an FTFire. Other than in drills, I never had to resort to it though.

Unfortunately, I fell upon a streak of Bad Times and regretfully had to part with it when someone offered me more than I had in it for it. I often wish that I'd parted with something else instead, but one does what one must to get by these days.

P.S.: A set of XS Big Dots made it one of the fastest carry pistols to get hits with I've ever had. Wish I had another!

Top Bottom