Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Just to review:
    A yout on probation/house arrest (seems like it would be one then the other, whatever) leaves house while armed and commits a robbery. Bullets fly, buildings and a truck hit. I remember that making the news, it's not far from where my son lives.

Parents now in the slammer for giving access to firearms to 1: a dangerous yout on probation/house arrest, and 2: a known prohibited possessor of firearms.

It's not Marion County, so the entire family is not out with ankle-monitors. "Lo-Jack Family", I'm claiming that one.

Question for our Monroe County INGOers: are these your neighbors?? :lmfao:

blain

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville
    Just to review:
    A yout on probation/house arrest (seems like it would be one then the other, whatever) leaves house while armed and commits a robbery. Bullets fly, buildings and a truck hit. I remember that making the news, it's not far from where my son lives.

Parents now in the slammer for giving access to firearms to 1: a dangerous yout on probation/house arrest, and 2: a known prohibited possessor of firearms.

It's not Marion County, so the entire family is not out with ankle-monitors. "Lo-Jack Family", I'm claiming that one.

Question for our Monroe County INGOers: are these your neighbors?? :lmfao:
    The 2100 block of South Rockport Rd is a beautiful rural area.
    I wouldn't doubt there are some members that either live near by or have family that lives in the area.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    The 2100 block of South Rockport Rd is a beautiful rural area.
    I wouldn't doubt there are some members that either live near by or have family that lives in the area.
    That’s some great crack you’re smoking there. When I grew up in that area in the 70s it was a little more rural than it is now, but it was still a post-war housing development area. Now it’s not quite the “projects” described above, but it’s a very poor, highly developed area.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Excellent news! Maybe if parents like this were arrested more often their miscreant offspring would be kept under control. And, of course, the miscreants should be in juvenile detention at the same time.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Just because you CAN own guns doesn't mean you SHOULD. Some people should stay far far away from them.
    FTA, the parents told police that all of the firearms belonged to their 16-year-old son, who was, per the article, a prohibited possessor. So, this incident doesn't even fall under "can, but shouldn't".

(Side note: what law could possibly prevent this from occurring?)

Top Bottom