• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    My heart rate goes up every time I hear of this Bravo Sierra. My hair stands up and eye are wide open. I can not wrap my head around any man that could cower behind cover while children are being slaughtered. I just can not fathom this. Have we been so emasculated by PC thought/MSM sound bite bravo sierra that there are no more balls on these men. Pi$$ed off does not near cover it. If you are not ready to defend then stay the hell out of the uniform.

JMHO of course being someone that would have gone through a window if need be to address the threat.

I 100% agree. People continually say “well the way the court has ruled, they have no responsibility to protect anyone”. That’s fine, I would hope in a situation like that court rulings and responsibilities don’t mean ****, and you step up to protect innocent children being slaughtered. Hell with the law and protocol in that situation.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I 100% agree. People continually say “well the way the court has ruled, they have no responsibility to protect anyone”. That’s fine, I would hope in a situation like that court rulings and responsibilities don’t mean ****, and you step up to protect innocent children being slaughtered. Hell with the law and protocol in that situation.

Bingo. Grow a set.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Many of us here would probably have gone in if we had the chance.
    We also likely would have been sued by the family of the shooter, whether we shot him or not, and by the families of several of the children who were "traumatized" by seeing a non-LEO with a gun.

This is the age of cowardice and helplessness; both are taught in the schools.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I started to read the linked article in the OP, but had to stop due to the level of incompetence. So I just read the full article and pi$$ed doesn't even cover it. The number of people who failed to take action is beyond comprehension to me. Several coaches/campus monitors, Coward Peterson, and several other deputy's who failed to act including a captain who not only didn't rush in but failed to take command. I mean there were people who didn't even have the sense to call a code red lock down. By all means if you have a suspicion call in the damn lock down. If nothing happens at least you have prepared and might uncover something to learn from. Cops standing outside listening to people being killed should all be fired. Ok, I can understand maybe grabbing your patrol rifle or vest and heading in but damn they suited up and secured their damn cars...incompetent cowards who obviously have a lack of quality training and have little if any intestinal fortitude. Gutless wonders at best. Many lessons to be learned from this whole clusterf*** of what not to do.
    But by all means lets focus on the evil black rifle instead of calling out the incompetent candy a$$es who failed to do their jobs to stop this. The guy who saw Cruz walk through the gate with a "rifle bag" (per article) could have stopped this whole thing.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

That ruling, as I recall, was about not being able to sue because an officer didn't protect someone. Or something like that. Doesn't mean **** about the job we pay them to do. Serve and protect. If you're not gonna do that, find another occupation.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That ruling, as I recall, was about not being able to sue because an officer didn't protect someone. Or something like that. Doesn't mean **** about the job we pay them to do. Serve and protect. If you're not gonna do that, find another occupation.

Exactly. Way to simple. If you are a ***** then get a job driving a fork lift are drive a desk somewhere but stay the hell out of the uniform.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Anyone else find it interesting that there is such a disparity between how the NRA was blamed for this shooting, and we had a CNN townhall calling them and Republicans to the carpet, but now that we find the truth behind the Sheriff's wholesale incompetence there is not nearly the same appetite for holding people publicly accountable.

The Sheriff's incompetence as a leader, the lack of training for his people (which directly affected the lives of hundreds of people and increased the death toll), and the recommendations of the recent report will serve as footnotes in the history of this incident, which will be used to try to strip the rights of the law abiding.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Bingo. Grow a set.

Many of us here would probably have gone in if we had the chance.
    We also likely would have been sued by the family of the shooter, whether we shot him or not, and by the families of several of the children who were "traumatized" by seeing a non-LEO with a gun.

This is the age of cowardice and helplessness; both are taught in the schools.

This is what worries me. If you do act, and save the lives of those under attack, you will, most likely, be involved in civil law suits that will bankrupt you. I read recently about someone choking to death in a restaurant. My wife, a retired RN who is fully trained in the heimlich maneuver, was incensed that no one at the restaurant knew how to do this. She was convinced that someone should have been able to save that woman's life. I commented that the new PC culture, and the dangers of touching a woman's chest area without prior written approval, make it very likely that even if someone knew how to do it, they would be unwilling to take the risk.

Personally, I will respond only to assist my family or people who I know will not file a law suit after the action is completed. The biblical principle of the Good Samaritan is now the surest way to a few years in the pen.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    This is what worries me. If you do act, and save the lives of those under attack, you will, most likely, be involved in civil law suits that will bankrupt you. I read recently about someone choking to death in a restaurant. My wife, a retired RN who is fully trained in the heimlich maneuver, was incensed that no one at the restaurant knew how to do this. She was convinced that someone should have been able to save that woman's life. I commented that the new PC culture, and the dangers of touching a woman's chest area without prior written approval, make it very likely that even if someone knew how to do it, they would be unwilling to take the risk.

Personally, I will respond only to assist my family or people who I know will not file a law suit after the action is completed. The biblical principle of the Good Samaritan is now the surest way to a few years in the pen.

You may be right.

https://www.mcall.com/news/education/mc-nws-tamaqua-parent-lawsuit-gun-policy-20190104-story.html
    A group of parents and the teachers union have filed suit in Pennsylvania to prevent allowing volunteer teachers who receive training from being armed in the school. From the sound of things, other teachers and/or parents of students may sue over the trauma of having their or their children's lives saved by an act of violence, should such occur.

Attorneys and LEO's, are there any test cases where a rescuer was sued for saving someone?:dunno:

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    You can’t win with these people. All I know is if my daughter was in school during that, and someone came in to save her and was sued by a couple bat **** crazy morons for doing so, I would donate every extra cent I had to that individual to fight it. My daughters life is way more important than political beliefs, and when your hatred towards guns stands in the way of a child’s life you become the lowest form of society to me. If you don’t want your kids protected with a firearm, homeschool or send them to a different school, but everybody else’s children shouldn’t be left defenseless.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    This is all I was able to find. A woman shot a man who was attacking a DNR officer and is being sued for wrongful death.
    https://www.eaglecountryonline.com/...against-woman-who-saved-conservation-officer/

Not quite the same as being sued by the person you saved, but, if you shoot a mass murderer in a church or school, I suppose his/her family could sue you for using violence to stop the attack.

Sad to say, one woman who almost drowned sued her savior for not getting to her fast enough. I guess if you stop a mass shooter the families of the dead and wounded could sue you for not acting sooner.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    This is all I was able to find. A woman shot a man who was attacking a DNR officer and is being sued for wrongful death.
    https://www.eaglecountryonline.com/...against-woman-who-saved-conservation-officer/

Not quite the same as being sued by the person you saved, but, if you shoot a mass murderer in a church or school, I suppose his/her family could sue you for using violence to stop the attack.

Sad to say, one woman who almost drowned sued her savior for not getting to her fast enough. I guess if you stop a mass shooter the families of the dead and wounded could sue you for not acting sooner.

I have paid attention to this issue for some time now (like 30+ years), and this instance (Kystie Jahaenen) is the only one I can recall where a person who acted in legitimate self-defense/defense of others has been sued (and I think this suit is only because the DNR and their pocketbook is also a defendant). As far as I can tell even George Zimmerman was not sued, despite threats from the family, because a legally valid instance of self-defense is generally a bar to successful civil suits in free states at least. Massachusetts might be another story. Down here in Texas, which is notorious for civil lawsuits, no one on the CHL forums, including the civil lawyers, can find an instance of a legit SD resulting in a lawsuit against the defender.

If someone is shooting up the local school and one is in a position to intervene, "I might get sued" would be way down on the list of reasons to do a Peterson.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Anyone else find it interesting that there is such a disparity between how the NRA was blamed for this shooting, and we had a CNN townhall calling them and Republicans to the carpet, but now that we find the truth behind the Sheriff's wholesale incompetence there is not nearly the same appetite for holding people publicly accountable.

The Sheriff's incompetence as a leader, the lack of training for his people (which directly affected the lives of hundreds of people and increased the death toll), and the recommendations of the recent report will serve as footnotes in the history of this incident, which will be used to try to strip the rights of the law abiding.

Very good point. Fox and other msm should do some sort of follow up story based on these findings. People should throw these findings right back in the faces of those such as little boss Hogg and his cohorts. But since it doesn't fit their (msm) agenda they will just let it go. Perhaps we should be asking thrm if its too soon or too late to have this discussion

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    They are Democrats.
    Democrats are never held responsible for the consequences of any of their actions.
    The Sheriff was just trying to keep his officers safe by telling them to stay away from bad guys shooting people.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ...AFAIK the only things law enforcement are required to do are investigate after a crime has been committed and make a reasonable effort to apprehend the perpetrator. They are not required to go to anyone's aid or attempt to stop any crime that is occurring.

What supports a civil lawsuit for $$$ or criminal charges are not the only things that determine what a job "requires".

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Top Bottom