PART 2: I'm new an your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

White Squirrel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2016
    Evansville
    i think it is a pain also i have tried as well to contact people also with no luck i can deal with that even worst i am new to social media and having people get a attitude because i used all caps. and telling me to quit screaming i had to find out from a young girl at work what they were talking about,, i'm waiting for some one to yell at me for spelling words wrong .. good luck from a newbee

The grammar Nazis are going to come after you just as quickly for using no caps or punctuation as they did for using all caps. LOL

You admit you are new, so just reconcile yourself that if you are posting on the internet, you are going to get attitude. Develop a thick skin and get over it.

At least it gave you an excuse to talk to a young girl at work. See, some good came from it after all.

I have another gun forum that I am very active on and feel like I have several good freinds there. But, I lurked around for almost a year before I really started posting and getting active. I just wanted to figure out some of the personalities involved before I jumped in with both feet. When I finally did start posting, I had two guys attack me very quickly. I apologized for offending them and moved on. Since then, one has become a little more friendly and the other totally ignores me, as I do him.

Kind of the same here, but the difference is this forum has so many members and has so much activity, it is very hard to get a feel for it. I have been around for a while now and still only have about 200 posts. Maybe 10 of those are REALLY quality, but I am just now starting to feel a little more comfortable here.

And even in my limited posting I have been flamed by a couple of people. Frankly, I am not a sidewalk lawyer (there are enough of those on her along with the real lawyers) nor was I president of the debate society (lots of those around too). Just an old man who isn't afraid to give my opinion and loves to read what others think even if I disagree with them.

Man, for a guy who is not very involved, that was long-winded.

Hope you get involved in the community, have fun here, and maybe even learn something about guns and shooting. :):

Billythekid

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I under stand your feelings i'm also new!! I may be totally wrong but from add i saw on the site you can pay $20.00 to be a site supporter and you don't have to wait and get other benefits as well

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I under stand your feelings i'm also new!! I may be totally wrong but from add i saw on the site you can pay $20.00 to be a site supporter and you don't have to wait and get other benefits as well
    It’s actually $25, I’ll post in another thread how to send it to me, and you’ll also get a sign up gift!

sgtmack

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2011
    I couldn’t wait to hit 50 posts just so I could post snarky one-liners. :D

I still haven’t used the classifieds.

I wasn't in a hurry to reach 50 posts as I don't really care about the classifieds, but for that benefit I might show up in a runner thread...

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.

It’s actually $25, I’ll post in another thread how to send it to me, and you’ll also get a sign up gift!
    I'll do it for $30.

rootbeer506

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2020
    NOBLESVILLE
    50 is a lot. Compounding it makes it harder to be active if have limited access.

I like the idea of having 10-20, helps some people see their way out before posting spam or whatnot.

But being a noob, you probably don't care for my opinion, so I digress.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    50 is a lot. Compounding it makes it harder to be active if have limited access.

I like the idea of having 10-20, helps some people see their way out before posting spam or whatnot.

Um you’ve been at it for let’s say. 32 days, you have 23 posts, so I think you’ll be fine. It’s ridiculous to think someone can can come into another’s house and dictate how they should run it? If that’s the case I agree, 10 posts to access the classifieds, and a fee per sale or purchase should apply sort of like eBay or other auction sites. This IS NOT a flea market, it’s an informational community. If you came for the classies, follow the rulez, or pony up the ducats? Luckily, for you, TexKev doesn’t want to listen to me about pay to play in the classies.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield

Please enlighten me and others as to why you think it makes it harder to be active? You can freely partake in a multitude of threads.

As a new member here, you're only restricted access to the classifieds, and PM's, other than that you have full access to the rest of the site.

INGO is a community of 2A gun owners first and foremost. The classifieds are purely a added benefit, and not the reason for INGO's existence.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville

50 isn’t a lot at all, IMO. If anything, I’m betting most think it’s not enough. The only limitations to your membership before 50 posts are the classifieds and private messages (to prevent buying/selling through pm’s). 50 will come fast if you just jump in some conversations. We have outdoors, sports, long guns, handguns, politics, etc. Surely something interests you enough to jump in some conversations.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Please enlighten me and others as to why you think it makes it harder to be active? You can freely partake in a multitude of threads.

As a new member here, you're only restricted access to the classifieds, and PM's, other than that you have full access to the rest of the site.

INGO is a community of 2A gun owners first and foremost. The classifieds are purely a added benefit, and not the reason for INGO's existence.

This.

Wish I seen this before I posted my previous comment. This is a perfect explanation

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    50 isn’t a lot at all, IMO. If anything, I’m betting most think it’s not enough. The only limitations to your membership before 50 posts are the classifieds and private messages (to prevent buying/selling through pm’s). 50 will come fast if you just jump in some conversations. We have outdoors, sports, long guns, handguns, politics, etc. Surely something interests you enough to jump in some conversations.
    There’s something of interest all right, he just can’t access it before it sells!

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I'll say it again. INGO is a GUN COMMUNITY first and foremost. The classifieds are a PERK for CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS. This is done by either posting and becoming part of the community or buy becoming a site supporter.

INGO is not supposed to be and will not be a store front where you sell or buy without contributing.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I'll say it again. INGO is a GUN COMMUNITY first and foremost. The classifieds are a PERK for CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS. This is done by either posting and becoming part of the community or buy becoming a site supporter.

INGO is not supposed to be and will not be a store front where you sell or buy without contributing.

I think just for the LOL’s, the next time someone complains about the 50 post rule, you mods should wait until he’s at 49 posts, then raise the limit to 100.

It would have the potential for some new threads being added to the classics sticky.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom