PART 2: I'm new an your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    This makes what.....2 times he has been clipped. Come on new guy get with the program OK......:):

The Godfather done got him once. I hope he catches on quick before he’s a fading memory.

dv7KkL0.jpg

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Yea I know it was a joke.... First time on the site and a forum period... kinda weird talking to people i don't know. Sorry for my bad joke...

Let me try another bad joke...

Im just trying to get it up.... (my post count that is)

Here is some solid advice. You are posing every 2-3 minutes in different threads. That timeframe doesn’t give even the best speed reader time to read what’s going on and contribute a quality post. Just slow down and take a breath. The classified section will be there a long time from now.

Lilbear0880

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2020
    Lebanon
    Also not trying to be that dude to post 50 one word posts so i can try to lists some guns I don't want anymore. Just trying to follow the rules and the NFG.
    I guess this is a good chance to talk about me a bit (this is the quality aspect) . I have 13 firearms, long guns and handguns. Some are hand me downs from family I never shot and treat like a trophy. Some I shoot often, others I got an honestly don't enjoy. I recently tried to sell a few of them at a gun store so I could get new stuff. See I have this thing called a wife.... yeah I know.. Well basically to get some new toys daddy has to get rid of some he doesn't use anymore (I'm daddy) I went to 3 different FFLs and i was getting ripped off, so i gladly declined at each and brought them home. I have tried the armslist thing but a few things I don't love about it. One i even put on my posts the person must be willing to have transferred through an FFL and fill out a 4473 (even said i would pay for it) man u wouldn't believe the replies I've got from people.. So I was introduced to the site by a person in the firearm industry as a good place to sell them maybe make some friends since I'm still kind of new to Indiana.

Well I would count that as a double Q post. I think you just made a new trademark for me "" clips guys. When i have a quality post that raised my quantity Im gonna end it . QQ

QQ

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Yea I know it was a joke.... First time on the site and a forum period... kinda weird talking to people i don't know. Sorry for my bad joke...

Let me try another bad joke...

Im just trying to get it up.... (my post count that is)

If you are here just to use the classifieds, I'd suggest becoming a site supporter. (Link below)

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...berships-here-read-become-site-supporter.html

Here's the deal. We are a community of Indiana gun owners first and foremost. The classifieds are a PERK for contributing members. We do not want INGO to turn into Armslist or Gun Broker.

We'd love it if you become part of our community by joining in the conversations and let the members get to know you. Then stick around and meet folks, attend shoots, etc. I understand you're new to this and that's fine. INGO was my first forum too. And you're making somewhat of an attempt.

But since you've made your intentions known, you are being watched closely, by the staff and other members.

Lilbear0880

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2020
    Lebanon
    Here is some solid advice. You are posing every 2-3 minutes in different threads. That timeframe doesn’t give even the best speed reader time to read what’s going on and contribute a quality post. Just slow down and take a breath. The classified section will be there a long time from now.

Well Idk about others but when I click on a thread about bourbon that is 141 pages... Im not reading every page to catch up. lol I think the first page where it started is good then maybe last 2-3 pages to I can then talk/relate to the people still engaged in the thread... instead of replying to a post that is over a year old... But maybe that is just me. like i said this is new to me. I feel weird sitting here even typing this lol

Lilbear0880

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2020
    Lebanon
    If you are here just to use the classifieds, I'd suggest becoming a site supporter. (Link below)

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...berships-here-read-become-site-supporter.html

Here's the deal. We are a community of Indiana gun owners first and foremost. The classifieds are a PERK for contributing members. We do not want INGO to turn into Armslist or Gun Broker.

We'd love it if you become part of our community by joining in the conversations and let the members get to know you. Then stick around and meet folks, attend shoots, etc. I understand you're new to this and that's fine. INGO was my first forum too. And you're making somewhat of an attempt.

But since you've made your intentions known, you are being watched closely, by the staff and other members.

Thanks for the info on the link. Maybe Ill just do the donation so Im not under the microscope I seem to be under. I don't understand the you are being watched closely thing, not really welcoming to a person literally doing something new for the first time.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Also not trying to be that dude to post 50 one word posts so i can try to lists some guns I don't want anymore. Just trying to follow the rules and the NFG.
    I guess this is a good chance to talk about me a bit (this is the quality aspect) . I have 13 firearms, long guns and handguns. Some are hand me downs from family I never shot and treat like a trophy. Some I shoot often, others I got an honestly don't enjoy. I recently tried to sell a few of them at a gun store so I could get new stuff. See I have this thing called a wife.... yeah I know.. Well basically to get some new toys daddy has to get rid of some he doesn't use anymore (I'm daddy) I went to 3 different FFLs and i was getting ripped off, so i gladly declined at each and brought them home. I have tried the armslist thing but a few things I don't love about it. One i even put on my posts the person must be willing to have transferred through an FFL and fill out a 4473 (even said i would pay for it) man u wouldn't believe the replies I've got from people.. So I was introduced to the site by a person in the firearm industry as a good place to sell them maybe make some friends since I'm still kind of new to Indiana.

Well I would count that as a double Q post. I think you just made a new trademark for me "" clips guys. When i have a quality post that raised my quantity Im gonna end it . QQ

QQ

Now that’s better. I’d suggest you pony up the $20 to be a Site Supporter. It’s cheap money and you gain access right away to the classified ads. I came here for the classifieds and got smacked around, lots here have. We all stayed because INGO is 95% worth it to learn and meet great people. The classifieds are the other 5%. For me the classys are more like less than 1%.

spend the $20 and join us. You have more than you realize to add to the group.

johny5

not a shill account
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Thanks for the info on the link. Maybe Ill just do the donation so Im not under the microscope I seem to be under. I don't understand the you are being watched closely thing, not really welcoming to a person literally doing something new for the first time.

Yeah - it felt a bit weird for me too, at first. I believe it took me 3 years to get to 50 posts. I spent a lot of time reading and learning. Lots of knowledge here on myriad different topics.

As others have alluded to - the classifieds on here are far from the best part of this forum.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yeah. Pony up the $20 for a site supporter. I'm a site supporter, and with THOUSANDS of posts, I dont NEED to be a supporter. But I recognize that it costs money to run these things, and they are worthwhile. Nothing is free.

And you'd be surprised. I have made some great friends here. One even saved me $2500 on a new furnace. I've bought and sold LOTS of stuff here. And unlike CL or FB, its almost never a "here's the item, Here's the money, have a good day.". I schedule at least 30 minutes for the deal because its not uncommon to sit around and chew the fat for a bit and socialize. You actually make friends here because you get to know folks. There are quite a few INGOers that are also on my FB friends list. And several I see quite a bit in real life at shooting matches and such.

And mark your calendar for Halloween day. Proteq range in Brazil has free open house that day from 11-4. Come and shoot for free, and meet lots of INGOers for shooting fun as well as awesome fellowship. There are some really cool people here.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-ingo-shoot-october-31st-@protteq-brazil.html

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola

It's a numbers game. We get a HUGE number of folks who try to get or get their 50 posts, make a sale then disappear. Or they get the minimum posts then never post outside of the classifieds. 51 posts and 107 ads in the last 4 years. We are weeding them folks out.

You seem to care somewhat by reading your last few responses. You'll be ok I think.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Well Idk about others but when I click on a thread about bourbon that is 141 pages... Im not reading every page to catch up. lol I think the first page where it started is good then maybe last 2-3 pages to I can then talk/relate to the people still engaged in the thread... instead of replying to a post that is over a year old... But maybe that is just me. like i said this is new to me. I feel weird sitting here even typing this lol
    Allow me to reply to the bourbon thread. Nobody expects you to read the whole thread I think the way you have gone about it is fine. If you like bourbon and have something to contribute to the thread then please do. Will it be a repeat of a bourbon already talked about? Most likely but that is okay. The same goes for the other threads here read some but not necessarily all of them. Relax take your time we are a group of folks that in many cases have meet in the real. This isn't your typical forum please take the time to find that out. I think in the end it will be worth your while.

Lilbear0880

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2020
    Lebanon
    Now that’s better. I’d suggest you pony up the $20 to be a Site Supporter. It’s cheap money and you gain access right away to the classified ads. I came here for the classifieds and got smacked around, lots here have. We all stayed because INGO is 95% worth it to learn and meet great people. The classifieds are the other 5%. For me the classys are more like less than 1%.

spend the $20 and join us. You have more than you realize to add to the group.

Thanks Gluemanz28

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Because people show up thinking they can real quick game the system and sneak in, race to 50, buy and sell, and get out because nobody is watching. But its not about that. its about knowing who you are dealing with because you have chatted with them (and possibly shot with them at various matches) and understand who they are as a person.

The best thing about this place? There are a handful of folks here I would do a deal by mail and cross ship the funds. Guys like Glue... I've met him in person, chatted here a LOT, and even shot with him at Proteq. I would have no problem doing a deal with him by sending him the item by mail and telling him to mail me a money order so that the packages pass in transit. I know he's a good upstanding guy, and this being INGO, he'd never hear the end of it from the community if he failed to pay. Cant do THAT on Armslist!

And I've actually done deals where I sent the well known user the item and told him "if you like it after you get it, send me the $$. If not, ship it back on your dime."

Edit: before you get wonky, There is more than guns and ammo sold here.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

QQ

I would give you a double dip on that one if I could.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom