• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    someone you know that will love care for and respect them as much as you do in my opinion.

i have certain things that I would love to pass down to my daughter when she is old enough, but I wont pass down certain ones if I know they are just gonna be sold at auction or on INGO, etc...... I would rather give them away to be honest. one thing would be my military items etc. It KILLS ME, when i see purple hearts and such, being sold at gun shows.

Thats my honest answer, i hope its what you were looking for. and I hope all is alright.

kboom524

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    New Haven
    I have two sons. Both are my shooting and hunting buddies. Easy choice for me. Not for a long time hopefully.

I hope this is not a decision you need to make soon.

seamusalaska

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    East Central IN
    Here's my serious answer to your serious question. The two boys have 'picked out' what they would want. My wife gets her favorites also. Everyone knows what they want ahead of time. The daughter doesn't want anything so she gets the money from whatever is left.
    My point is: make a plan. That way there is no fighting over the guns. The guns are separate from the rest of the estate which will go to my wife. Write it out and check with all parties so there are no questions. Make a will. Keep it up to date.

gage

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    underground
    Good question. God-willing I outlive my parents but my father is the only one that has an appreciation for guns so he would be the beneficiary. Without that option I believe I would offer them up to Fenway. .. seriously

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Like many others I plan for who gets what. Unless you like the idea of fighting and hurt feelings write down who gets what. That way there is no speculation.

At the last family funeral I saw relatives turn into scavengers that were down right scary. No fist fights but I saw some real hurt feelings and talking about people behind their backs. I and several others walked out of the house and watched from a distance. Think that cant happen in your family? Then leave everything you have up for grabs and let the chips fall where they may. If you care about the people you leave behind you will write out some instructions.

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    I don't plan on having kids so more than likely they would be split amongst 2 of my closest friends to do with as they please

gage

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    underground
    Instuctions written out to follow in the event I pass away

How would you offer them up to Fenway after you croak?

I bequeath the following items:
    All electronics (stereo, computer, etc) to..
    Books, clothes, furniture to...
    The items in the cedar chest to..
    The items in the oak chest to ...
    My tools and vehicles to ...
    All ammo, guns and gun related things to Fenway.
    Fenway can be located ingunowners.com INFO (INGO account password and post following...)

"Hey Fenway I died and here are my firearm related possessions. I appreciated all you are doing for the gun community. Please accept these things as a token of my deeply felt gratitude. Your efforts have changed my life and I believe you will provide these things with a proper place.
    *contact number, location and person for more details here*

It's that easy in my world. Not many things to get complicated...part of my strategy.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I bequeath the following items:
    All electronics (stereo, computer, etc) to..
    Books, clothes, furniture to...
    The items in the cedar chest to..
    The items in the oak chest to ...
    My tools and vehicles to ...
    All ammo, guns and gun related things to Fenway.
    Fenway can be located ingunowners.com INFO (INGO account password and post following...)

"Hey Fenway I died and here are my firearm related possessions. I appreciated all you are doing for the gun community. Please accept these things as a token of my deeply felt gratitude. Your efforts have changed my life and I believe you will provide these things with a proper place.
    *contact number, location and person for more details here*

It's that easy in my world. Not many things to get complicated...part of my strategy.

You already have that written up?

Top Bottom