• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Do they make those live traps big enough for that? Trap 'em... drive 'em way out into the country and let them go...

To take care of varmints at his place, my Dad used to trap them in a Hav-A-Hart trap, then throw the whole trap into his pond for a while, pull it out with a rope, and dispose of the body.

Use your own judgment about whether this technique is appropriate for the current situation.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    To take care of varmints at his place, my Dad used to trap them in a Hav-A-Hart trap, then throw the whole trap into his pond for a while, pull it out with a rope, and dispose of the body.

Use your own judgment about whether this technique is appropriate for the current situation.
    That's why I suggested the more humane (and less homicidal) alternative of trap, neuter and release.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    That's why I suggested the more humane (and less homicidal) alternative of trap, neuter and release.

Unfortunately, much like our current criminal wash, rinse, repeat system, they will still be societal predators after being neutered and released. If folks can't be trusted with all of their constitutional rights they shouldn't be free to walk among the citizenry. I'm much more in favor of a three strikes and it's a one way trip though the felon zapper policy...or toss the Hav-A-Hart in the pond.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Unfortunately, much like our current criminal wash, rinse, repeat system, they will still be societal predators after being neutered and released. If folks can't be trusted with all of their constitutional rights they shouldn't be free to walk among the citizenry. I'm much more in favor of a three strikes and it's a one way trip though the felon zapper policy...or toss the Hav-A-Hart in the pond.

It's hard to argue with that logic.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

Did you just compare teenagers smoking weed to "societal predators" or am I making connections that aren't there?

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Did you just compare teenagers smoking weed to "societal predators" or am I making connections that aren't there?

It is the Gateway drug of youth.

http-2F2Fa.amz_.mshcdn.com2Fwp-content2Fuploads2F20162F042Freefermadness-9-1038x1354.jpg

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere

That's why there would be three strikes...and I don't think smoking weed as a teenager is a felony at this point. I'm just not a fan of catch and release over and over again.

Top Bottom