• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Well, he tried, and there were actually some people on his side. Sad to see so many others against the side of Liberty.

Like Ground Hog's day, our leaders saw their shadow and now we'll have 4 more years of tyranny.

ElsiePeaRN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Eastern Indiana
    Looks like his fellow GOP Senators turned on him as well. Reid agreed to allow Paul to offer two amendments to the Patriot Act. The first protected legal gun owners by putting restrictions on the government's ability to demand gun purchase records. The amendment failed 85-10. His second amendment, which limited banks' requirements to report "suspicious" transactions failed 91-4. The Senate GOP leadership actively lobbied fellow republicans to vote against the amendments.

His party made a point of throwing him under the bus before going on to pass the Patriot Act extensions.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Guess ATF just got the green light to demand every Form 4473 in the country. That's probably what they were setting up the Gunwalker scandal for. I guess they'll have to manufacture a new catalyst now.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Looks like his fellow GOP Senators turned on him as well. Reid agreed to allow Paul to offer two amendments to the Patriot Act. The first protected legal gun owners by putting restrictions on the government's ability to demand gun purchase records. The amendment failed 85-10. His second amendment, which limited banks' requirements to report "suspicious" transactions failed 91-4. The Senate GOP leadership actively lobbied fellow republicans to vote against the amendments.

His party made a point of throwing him under the bus before going on to pass the Patriot Act extensions.

WOW. Well played, Republicans. Bunch of fascists. :noway:

ElsiePeaRN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Eastern Indiana
    I heard his Dad speak at a dinner in Feb 2002, shortly (well, almost 4 months) after the Patriot Act was passed. I remember him saying, "I vote with the Democrats 1/3 of the time, I vote with the Republicans 1/3 of time time, and 1/3 of the time I vote all by myself." Looks like Rand does take after the old man.

model67a

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    jasper
    Rand Paul beat Mitch McConnel's choice for the senate in the Kentucky primary so I think Mitch probably has a personnal vindetta against him!!! If Rand Paul does too good a job this would be a bad reflection on Mitch!!!

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    I heard his Dad speak at a dinner in Feb 2002, shortly (well, almost 4 months) after the Patriot Act was passed. I remember him saying, "I vote with the Democrats 1/3 of the time, I vote with the Republicans 1/3 of time time, and 1/3 of the time I vote all by myself." Looks like Rand does take after the old man.

I sure hope so. I hope the people of Kentucky keep electing him like the people of Texas have kept his dad in office.

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    From the NRA response:
    If the Paul amendment were adopted, the FBI would have used other ways to access whatever firearms records it might need for intelligence or anti-terrorism investigations. This is especially troublesome for gun owners.

This would result in United States Attorneys simply demanding the same records through grand jury subpoenas, which require no judicial approval before issuance. Fighting a subpoena after the fact can be very costly and carries legal risks of its own, including possible charges for obstruction of justice.

Its so much better they can get them without those subpoenas now. Thank God for the NRA, saving us the hassle of being able to fight for our privacy.

Top Bottom