• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • schm00g13

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 16, 2009
    I have purchased from them before. The 1st time it was an M44 Mosin Nagant. At the ti,e I was an Il resident so the 24 hr waiting period applied. The older guy that sold it to me told me that an accessory kit came with it (mag pouch, wrench, sling). Went to pick it up the next day and the obnoxious younger guy emphatically, to the point of rudeness, denied my claim. So I get screwed out of the accessory kit which they received gratis from the wholesaler. I almost called the whole deal off but didnt. Fast forward a few months. I was in the market for a .357 revolver. Stopped in there to see their inventory. The owner would not even come out from the back of the shop to engage me in conversation but relied on a somewhat dull looking, overweight guy in overalls to relay his responses.
    Bottom line is that because of a 14 dollar accessory package and the reluctance to engage me as a valued customer I will never darken their doorway again. Besides there always seems to be some chainsmoking knowitall loafer there that has an opinion about everything. I have spent over 1000 dollars with Favres gun shop just down the road in the last year. This is money that I could have very easily spent with them. Why are most gun shop owners such a-holes?

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I would guess most of them are not businessman, but simply gun enthusiasts so they lack the proper etiquette.

schm00g13

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 16, 2009
    Etiquette, schmetquette. They are rules for dealing with other human beings whether they are customers or not. The deal on the accessory kits was pretty shady. He stil had a pile of them the final time that I went in there. You dont promise one thing to a customer then change it the next day or allow your employees to do it. I am their worst customer. I wont be back and I will tell everyone that will listen of my bad experiences with them.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Etiquette, schmetquette. They are rules for dealing with other human beings whether they are customers or not. The deal on the accessory kits was pretty shady. He stil had a pile of them the final time that I went in there. You dont promise one thing to a customer then change it the next day or allow your employees to do it. I am their worst customer. I wont be back and I will tell everyone that will listen of my bad experiences with them.

Yeah, that's why I said "Most of them are NOT businessman"

Dough

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Terre Haute
    I have purchased from them before. The 1st time it was an M44 Mosin Nagant. At the ti,e I was an Il resident so the 24 hr waiting period applied. The older guy that sold it to me told me that an accessory kit came with it (mag pouch, wrench, sling). Went to pick it up the next day and the obnoxious younger guy emphatically, to the point of rudeness, denied my claim. So I get screwed out of the accessory kit which they received gratis from the wholesaler. I almost called the whole deal off but didnt. Fast forward a few months. I was in the market for a .357 revolver. Stopped in there to see their inventory. The owner would not even come out from the back of the shop to engage me in conversation but relied on a somewhat dull looking, overweight guy in overalls to relay his responses.
    Bottom line is that because of a 14 dollar accessory package and the reluctance to engage me as a valued customer I will never darken their doorway again. Besides there always seems to be some chainsmoking knowitall loafer there that has an opinion about everything. I have spent over 1000 dollars with Favres gun shop just down the road in the last year. This is money that I could have very easily spent with them. Why are most gun shop owners such a-holes?
    I never had a problem with them myself. And if I did, I'd tell them about it! They saved me alot of money the passed few years. So has Favres for that matter! Keep in mind that most gun shops deal with a wide variety of people. Including those who believe they can treat them like dirt among other things. I witnessed this on a visit to Patriots in the recent past. The customer was a know it all puke in my opinion. And the owner had no problem telling them to beat it. And I fully respected that and still shop there. I enjoy being here and reading posts. But do not enjoy or support any back biting conversations. Always two sides of a story and I only see one. I don't judge but instead observe always reminding myself to respect others. So that I can get that in return. :popcorn:

Top Bottom