Paul E Palooza II - a long training weekend...lots of pics!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Good pics and nice write up. It was great to meet you and some of the other INGO guys.

About Pincus. How did you find him to be? I have only had short interactions with him and found him likeable. I have had students in my classes who claim he is a total a-hole. (I am sure the same has been said of me) Its ironic that you have had a class with Steve Fisher and then with Rob. Haha.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Good pics and nice write up. It was great to meet you and some of the other INGO guys.

About Pincus. How did you find him to be? I have only had short interactions with him and found him likeable. I have had students in my classes who claim he is a total a-hole. (I am sure the same has been said of me) Its ironic that you have had a class with Steve Fisher and then with Rob. Haha.

I did find him likable! However, keep in mind that this was a very shortened class made up of (mostly) "folks who have had training before". If it were a day-long class or a weekend long class, who knows. If it were a class of all neophytes vs. and "advanced" class of folks who were supposed to know what was going on... Who knows.

There was only one obvious "new guy" in our group. He left the class halfway through. Didn't say bye or anything. Just...suddenly wasn't on the firing line. Pincus did focus on him more than anyone else - but only to help the guy out with his grip and stance. Nothing A-hole-ish about that. Gave him the pointers - then kept walking down the line. Wasn't poking fun of him what so ever. Perhaps the guy felt in over his head - that'd be my guess, at least.

And yes... First big class with Fisher, smaller class with rhino & obijon (ACT), then this half-day with Pincus. All over the board as far as personalities go, that's for sure.

And have learned from all of them.

So, cedartop... When/where is YOUR AAR?

Seriously, guys, I'm interested in the AARs of all y'all who took the combatives stuff! let's hear it!

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    This looks like a lot of fun. How many rounds did you run through your shotgun during that portion?

I think I was in the 65-75 range. Not too many. Mostly birdshot with 10 rds buckshot at the end. Zero slugs.

I'm extremely jealous. That is all.

If you think you're jealous...

The other guys trained with the likes of: Craig Douglas, Cecil Burch, Paul Sharp, Chuck Haggard, and Greg Ellifritz.

Look those fellers up. That's a downright all-star cast right there. Seriously.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Great pics!

Thanks, bossman!

Also as an aside for the rest of the Indiana crew: I have found the owner of that knife I found!

And if anyone in the south or east side of Indy may have an INGO sticker or a hat patch that I could include when I ship it back...please get in touch with me. I'd like to send some INGO goodwill when I mail the knife.

Top Bottom