• ...and so much more!
  • Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Are you getting excited about Iowa?

I am not baiting people into a trap here. It is not about what people do or don't think of Iowa. I am just sitting here, having had to cancel a hunt this morning, and I saw a clip of Paul on the news at a press conference, his quote:

"There seems to be more cameras here then usual."

I admit I feel a bit of a tingle but that may be in part due to the strained tendons in my wrist.

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I know I am not. Winning Iowa means very little, although the media makes it seem like the whole election a lot of times.

I hope he really does do well, and that it leads to a snow ball affect on the primaries that follow.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    A snowball has to start somewhere. I think the other part of it is the damage Newt and Romney may do to each other.

Or better put, Newt does to Romney then does to himself. If nothing else Newt is consistent.

For me I hate Newt, always have. I can't even visualize him in the campaign this Fall. For me SCOTUS appointments are critical but I can't vote for Newt. I think Paul can debate Newt one on one and do fine.

Romney, for gun owners, his healthcare record is a non-issue compared to MA gun laws which I know fairly well due to having friends there that I turned into shooters. On some finer points, you can argue who is worse, MA or IL.

There are other small snowballs out there, but of the small balls, Paul's is the biggest. New Hampshire needs to step up and toss Romney out.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I know I am not. Winning Iowa means very little, although the media makes it seem like the whole election a lot of times.

I hope he really does do well, and that it leads to a snow ball affect on the primaries that follow.
    I think you're right on the money with this. I came across an CNN article that pretty much spells it out the way you do here.

The Iowa caucuses: A media game

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    Ron Paul would be better than Obama but he would not be good for our country. Hes a zero on foreign policy and he's anti Israel. Whether he does well in Iowa is mainly gonna depend on the weather. And you're right it means absolutely nothing as far as the nomination goes.

bigg cheese

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    I'm not a paul man, but I'm also not a Newt or Romney man either.

We had cain, and he got pushed out by the GOP. Cain was my choice.

If not him, then Bachman. past that, I have to at least consider paul. Rewt or Nomney can kiss my ass.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I'm looking forward to Iowa basically because I want to see what the actual results are. Polls and other data can be manipulated, but I'm lokoing forward to seeing the votes in Iowa and then the following primaries. Numbers talk, and I'm waiting to see the numbers. One thing I've found very interesting is that usually before Iowa the media talks about how low the percent is of people who are elected president without winning Iowa, but this year because an nonestablishment candidate is doing so well Iowa doesn't seem to matter.

His strongest selling points are that he's just so different than the rest of the candidates who are up there on stage with him. It's time for hope and change in DC and I think he brings that. I'm on the Paul bandwagon and I hope & pray that he wins.

CulpeperMM

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I am excited to see a candidate that actually respects and honors our constitution (not only in words, but in his votes and legislation submitted) registering a sizable amount of interest. Dr. Paul would be a great president and may be able to use the bully pulpit to preach the message of Liberty, Independence and PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY to America. Re-introducing people to the ideals of our founding fathers.

RON PAUL is the only PATRIOT in the race. I am excited!

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I'm a little excited about Iowa. If Paul wins Iowa it will cause much weeping and gnashing of teeth among the neo cons and the so called liberals.

I think Newt has more in common with Hillary than either does with Paul and in my wildest dreams they are called out in public.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I love how all the sudden Iowa doesn't matter because and establishment candidate may not win. Fox was tripping all over themselves for the entire day yesterday trying to discredit Iowa. Mocking the people, info-graphics, charts, bringing in poli-sci professors, you name it -they certainly exerting maximum effort. If Iowa didn't matter candidates wouldn't be dropping massive cash in the state.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I love how all the sudden Iowa doesn't matter because and establishment candidate may not win. Fox was tripping all over themselves for the entire day yesterday trying to discredit Iowa. Mocking the people, info-graphics, charts, bringing in poli-sci professors, you name it -they certainly exerting maximum effort. If Iowa didn't matter candidates wouldn't be dropping massive cash in the state.

Exactly!

Nothing to see here folks, keep on moving.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Ron Paul would be better than Obama but he would not be good for our country. Hes a zero on foreign policy and he's anti Israel. Whether he does well in Iowa is mainly gonna depend on the weather. And you're right it means absolutely nothing as far as the nomination goes.

Thats fine, if you want to give Israel billions of dollars (the number varies from sources, but they are all plural) maybe they'll let you take that money out of your paycheck. I personally dont see the point of helping Israel stand on their own two feet. If they cant make friends with their neighbors, why should that concern us? Giving Israel to the Jews was a bad idea imo

That said, i am excited about Iowa as others have said. We can finally put some truth to the polls

Edit:

What about this do you disagree with:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFZpL8F4FgU

Last edited:

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Santorum is getting a bit more talk now too. Since the Networks have to talk 24/7 it just leads to talking in circles.

I am Pro Israel and I am Pro Gun. If it came down to it, I have to take care of business at home first and I am sure Israel has plans to go it alone too. As a whole, they are bigger killers than we are. In the end a weaker America does no one anywhere in the world any good, except our enemies.

Just like most wars, in the end your allies are pretty much chosen for you based on who stands where on that day. If you are in agreement, you fight together. The President will not make that choice for the Country. We didn't love Russia in 1941 but we had issues with the same enemy.

Paul's personal views are minimized by the simple fact he will actually follow the Constitution. Congress can blow right by him in a time of war but it should never be the opposite, not ever.

Now I am thinking a Paul/Santorum ticket may have some juice to it.

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    Mark Belling (sitting in for Rush) yesterday went so far as to say that Iowa may, or may not have any meaning.

He might as well have said "If Paul wins, it doesn't mean anything - If anyone else wins, look out Mr. President!"

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Ron Paul would be better than Obama but he would not be good for our country. Hes a zero on foreign policy and he's anti Israel.
    How is being pro/anti Israel good or bad for our country? We give them money. What do we get out of the relationship? A steadfast ally?

I am no more pro/anti Israel than I am any for the majority of the other countries in the world.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    How is being pro/anti Israel good or bad for our country? We give them money. What do we get out of the relationship? A steadfast ally?

I am no more pro/anti Israel than I am any for the majority of the other countries in the world.

Israel receives American taxpayer aid to the tune of $200,000 per household of five. Yet, Fox News runs commercials everyday asking Americans to send food boxes to starving Israeli families.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Mark Belling (sitting in for Rush) yesterday went so far as to say that Iowa may, or may not have any meaning.

He might as well have said "If Paul wins, it doesn't mean anything - If anyone else wins, look out Mr. President!"
    This is right up there with proving Bigfoot does NOT exist.

Then one day BF walks out of the wilderness and has lunch at Panera Bread. Sandwiches suddenly are not relevant, but there sits Bigfoot eating a Turkey Panini and Tomato soup.

Hillary is still trying to figure out what happened in 2008.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Israel receives American taxpayer aid to the tune of $200,000 per household of five. Yet, Fox News runs commercials everyday asking Americans to send food boxes to starving Israeli families.
    I am OK with that part, I just choose to give all my money local with very little overhead between my money and its intended end use. The fact is that 200k is not going into the homes, just weapons and pockets of corps and politicians, both here and there.

Top Bottom