• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Most all have gotten out of the firearms business, save for sending everything to an online auction-type program. Probably safer for the stores - much less chance of being robbed - and much less paperwork / training / record keeping involved in stopping sales to individuals.

If you're willing to travel to the west side, West Side Pawn & Loan at 10th / Alton sells firearms.

There's also a pawn shop in Martinsville that sells firearms.

-J-

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    I know one of the pawn shops here in Terre Haute still sells guns. I bought a shot gun from them cheap..

The other pawn shop stopped carrying them and shipped them all to another store. I think they were bought out and they only had one FFL store..

EddieV

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2011
    I was just out scouting Indy pawn shops myself last weekend. There's one @38th and Illinois that said they did, but didnt have any when I went in there. Was going to go to the one at 38TH and Emerson this weekend, but if you've already been there I won't bother.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I was just out scouting Indy pawn shops myself last weekend. There's one @38th and Illinois that said they did, but didnt have any when I went in there. Was going to go to the one at 38TH and Emerson this weekend, but if you've already been there I won't bother.

Forgot about that shop at 38th & Illinois.

There used to be a decent breakfast/lunch restaurant just south of there. Last time I was in that shop, they did have firearms...but that's been a whopping 5 years or so.

-J-

g+16

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    10th street pawn use to have a hugh selection, but it has been a few years since I've been there

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    You do not need a pawn shop when you have access to INGO classifieds. Good folks here, with good firearms available. Check'em out! :ingo::):

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    The pawn shop on meridian st downtown just south of fall creek still sells guns.

Castle pawn in new castle I have purchased from. A nice model 700.

Allens jewerly and loan in Anderson does but selection seems to be hit and miss. Maybe they just sell lots of them because I go in about 4 times a year and only remeber a few of the smoke poles being still on the rack.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    There are two in Anderson that I know of that sell guns, but one is usually at new or over new priced, and the other is nearly impossible to see what guns that they have in the cabinet.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Anyone know of pawn shops on east side of Indy that sells firearms?

None of the several that I have checked sell them.

Rosco Jewelry at 5416 E. Wash. St. has sold guns in the past. They only had a .45 last time I was in there (over a year ago). Price wasn't too high, but I'm not sure what 1911s usually go for. I know in the past they have had a larger selection.

I went to that pawn shop at 38th-Ill. around 10 years ago. They had a Romanian AK-47. Those things were going new for under $400 at the time. The one they had was beat to hell, very dirty, and they were asking way too high of price for it.

If your willing to drive (or maybe just call first), Jensen Pawn out in Greenfield (Off St. Rd. 9 about a half mile or so south of US 40) used to sell guns. I'm pretty sure the sign still says they do. (In addition to this place, there is Highsmith Gun Shop about a block south which you could check out as well).

Top Bottom