• ...and so much more!
  • XDinmyXJ

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    So I got this idea in my head that I wanted another .22, I love my marlin but wanted a 10/22 since they have a much bigger after market. I shot one that belonged to lovemywoods a while back during a meet and greet and loved the thing. Went to Walmart and saw that a new 10/22 was between $217-$247, went to the pawn shop in Columbus and saw a 10/22 with a shooters ridge stainless bull barrel, hogue stock and what looks to be a metal trigger group. It also has a bushnell banner scope on top. Didn't have the $329 they were asking so I put it on layaway and will get it when I get my tax return. No pics yet but i'm sure you can imagine what it looks like. This may be the base for the Suppressed .22 I've wanted to build forever! :D

XDinmyXJ

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    So i picked the gun up the other day.
    2012-02-16_19-42-43_427-1.jpg

Then got to shoot it a couple hours ago and I am super impressed with it. This was my first time shooting prone, we put the target up at around 50 yards. thats 35 rounds BTW. I got in a hurry a few times and pulled the trigger at the wrong time!
    2012-02-18_12-28-42_889.jpg

Ordered an extractor, automatic bolt release and extended mag release as well as another 25 round mag for it today. WORTH EVERY PENNY! :D

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    XDinmyXJ did pretty good. I have found that a lot of times a person is money ahead buying a more deluxe model right up front than buying a stripped down model and trying to upgrade it. Unless you really want something that is really out of the ordinary, you can usually get something pretty close.

XDinmyXJ

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    Welcome to the 10/22 money pit... Enjoy! :D

SPent 100 bucks on it the past couple days.....:D

XDinmyXJ did pretty good. I have found that a lot of times a person is money ahead buying a more deluxe model right up front than buying a stripped down model and trying to upgrade it. Unless you really want something that is really out of the ordinary, you can usually get something pretty close.

I went in on a Friday looking for a used 10/22 that i could build into something like this. I'm not going for a super precision rifle capable of driving a nail at 150 yards, just a reliable shooter that is pretty damn accurate, which I got. I ended coming back Saturday and putting the money down on it. The major thing i want to do is a threaded barrel........:D

Top Bottom