• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Customsafeguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2012
    Cleburne Tx
    I was standing in line ordered my sub and when it came time to pay she said it was taken care of. A man bought a 20.00 gift card and said use it on the customers in line. First time that has happen the wife told me I'm supposed to pass it on. Will do it just took me by surprise. Has that happen to any buddy before.:patriot:

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    I work at a small local shop, and I usually get tipped 50 cents-a dollar or so per drink, and today when I wasn't looking, someone slipped a $10 bill in my jar. I made sure to spend it locally tonight to pass it along.

ThatsTheOne

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Monroe County
    My wife was in Walmart yesterday and some guy gave my wife a hat for my for my 8 month old son that he just bought for his son but it didn't fit. I love this time of year.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I drive for a living so a lot of my meals come from a drive thru. Anytime of year if a Police car is behind me in line I will pay for their meal. I have had it happen for me once at Chick Fil A. Me and my wife ordered for ourselves and our kids and it came up to about 30 bucks. I went to hand the guy at the register my card and he zeroed out the total and said it's on the house.

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    After all the hate you read about in the world, it's still nice to see that people still do give a hoot! i have several members in my family in the USMC, we have two firefighters, and a police officer, it's nice to show the appreciation!
    i love the look on a veterans face when he sees someone has taken care of his meal.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    When I got out of the service I went back to my hometown and decided it was time to have a drink at a club i use to goto and it got around that I just finished my 4yr tour in the USN. I never paid for a drink the whole night. I felt guilty until about the 6th one. :D

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I have not had this happen to me, but i have payed it forward to a few INGO members. But Im going to have to do something like this in the comming days. Thanks for posting OP.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Several months ago, I was sitting at home when I noticed that an SUV had come to a stop across the street. My road isn't one that you can park on, and it can be dangerous due to a curve. I tend to watch for things like that too, because I live in an area that is relatively crime free and a suspicious vehicle is suspicious.

I looked out the window and noticed a woman attempting to work the ignition repeatedly. I stepped out the door and walked across the yard to ask if she needed a jump. She informed me that she'd just run out of gas. She was hoping to have enough to run her errand in my neighborhood and get to the gas station, but had miscalculated.

I told her that I'd be right back, went into the garage and opened the door so I could walk out with the gas can. I returned to her vehicle and had her pop the gas door. I poured whatever was in the can into her tank and began walking back inside, saying "Have a nice day."

I was simply going to leave it at that and go back inside the house, when she asked if I wanted her to pay me. I only said "Pay it forward," and disappeared back into the house. After a couple of tries, her fuel pump pulled enough gas and she was able to drive off.

I kinda felt like Bill Murray in "Groundhog Day" when he shows up suddenly with the car jack and changes the tire on the old lady's car without warning.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    I love the Pay It Forward concept. And while it sso nice to see it around the holidays, I wish it was seen more throughout the year.

A whi9le back I stopped on my way to Indy when I saw a lady off to the side of the road with an obvious flat, and she was sitting on the tailgate (where the rear hatch opens).. Naturally, growing up in the country, I turned around and asked if she needed a hand. She didnt have a clue how to change a tire, so I did it for her. She then tells me "Sir, I dont know how I can pay you, I dont have any money".. I just looked at her for a second, and realized that she truly believed she should be paying me. I told her I didnt stop to make a buck, I stopped to help, and that was all. Simply told her that if she wanted to pay me, to pay it forward to someone someday. She gave me a hug (which was a little awaward) and went on our ways...

I wish I had money to help people, but sometimes, I dont think the monetary help means as much as taking the time to help someone in their moment of need.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I frequent a restaurant here in town called the Lunch Box. It is right around the corner from the Guard Base and usually has a couple guys from the Guard in there eating. Whenever I go, if there are any Guardsmen in there, I pay for their meals. I will ask the waitress for their check, and tell them not tell them who paid. One day I walked in with my daughter and there was a table of 8 or so of them. They were quite surprised when the waitress told them we bought the entire table, of course she did not say who bought it. I have been doing this the last year or so.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    I routinely give insane tips at restaurants when the waitress/waiter goes above and beyond the call of duty on busy nights. Last Christmas I took my employees and subcontractors out to christmas dinner downtown and gave the waiter a $200 tip on a $300 meal. He busted his ass to accommodate 12 people with awesome service.

tmfinney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    New Castle
    I was with my mom yesterday doing some Christmas shopping at the Muncie Mall and I had gone into Game Stop to get my nephews a gift card while my mom went to Kay Jewelers to pick up some gifts.

When I finished I met up with her and she was telling me that a guy was picking up an engagement ring for his girl and the cashier had done all she could to get the ring to the lowest price and he was still $5 short and my mom gave him the money for the ring. When he was finished with his purchase he walked over and gave my mom a hug.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    My father used to do stuff like this all the time. He used to tell me that he didn't tell anyone when he did something good, because you lose the reward. Now I'm not talking about this thread, because this is different, and I think it's great, cause it just might get a little more love spread around, and Lord knows we need that about right now. Anyway, you would not believe the stories that were told to me at his funeral.

The last thing I did (and it's been too long ago) was I picked up someone on less traveled state highway (who didn't even have his thumb out) and had it in mind to take him wherever he was going. I know, I know. I'm not supposed to be picking people up but I still do it. I drive all day for my job with multiple stops in Clarksville, Jeffersonville, New Albany, Henryville and up to Salem and Scottsburg. I took him about 20 miles right to his apartment in Clarksville and he was adamant he was going to pay me. I said, "Man, you pay me and I lose my blessing." He got that.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    When I have gone in uniform to eat, I have had meals paid for. (I am still in the Active Army) I usually try to get a Soldier a meal paid for, since I know they make less then I do at my rank. Not that I can always do it myself either, but its just a little something, to pay back for the meals that had been bought for me for the same thing. I am glad that Americans are doing this now for troops (and everyone else randomly as well) with how they were once treated in this country.

Top Bottom