• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    For the guys who commented about it. Could you explain to me why a Two point sling is harder to use during a transfer? I almost always prefer a two point and find it to work quite well for shoulder transfers.

Much like Vlad said, I was having a hard time getting the right amount of slack in mine to make a good transition to weak side without strangling myself. Eventually I would pop the sling out from under my left arm, which freed up enough slack to help make the transition more smooth.

I'm running a Troy CQB 2 point that does have the ability to add slack quickly, but found that I still ended up with some problems just do the way I like to have it when carring for my strong side.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Much like Vlad said, I was having a hard time getting the right amount of slack in mine to make a good transition to weak side without strangling myself. Eventually I would pop the sling out from under my left arm, which freed up enough slack to help make the transition more smooth.

I'm running a Troy CQB 2 point that does have the ability to add slack quickly, but found that I still ended up with some problems just do the way I like to have it when carring for my strong side.

Thanks, maybe I'll have to see it. I keep a lot of slack in my sling anyway as it is needed for a dynamic transition to handgun as the rifle goes over your head and onto your back. Are you wearing your sling when you do the transfer? (I am not)

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Just got around to posting some of the pictures. Note that all of the photo credit goes to Brandy on these. She has a great camera and caught some really good stuff. I tried to post a few of the shots where she caught brass in the air.

I thought I'd start with the group photo taken at the end of class. Looks like I didn't get the memo that this was the "no smile" pose. :D

DSC_0882.jpg

Shooting on the move:

DSC_0774.jpg

From Cover / Concealment:

DSC_0797.jpg

DSC_0842.jpg

Moving to Cover / Concealment

DSC_0801.jpg

Transition to Pistol:

DSC_0843.jpg

DSC_0845.jpg

Weak side (he's a lefty):

DSC_0838.jpg

Shooting "Under Cover":

DSC_0819.jpg

Dragging a friggin heavy log:

DSC_0850.jpg

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    You just can't beat it. The class I attended was a solid class with a lot of safety, malfunction drills, practice and qualification. By the end you feel pretty good about yourself and the rifle you have.

Top Bottom