• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • raymel1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Kokomo
    As ATM said, plus, unloaded with the ammo stored separately. When I go to east St Louis, I lock the guns in a 4 gun case, and just put the ammo in a duffel bag. Oh, and I certainly obey all traffic laws.
    If "I" were going to East St Louis Id mount a machine gun on top of the vehicle.:draw::laugh::rockwoot:

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Simple.

Obey the traffic laws, no need to worry about being stopped.

Or, in cases such as "roadside checks" (should you happen upon one), checks are generally for alcohol/drug use, seatbelt use, insurance, regisrtation. As long as the driver is sober, using a seatbelt, insurance and registration is in order - nothing to worry about. (as long as a firearm isn't in "plain sight". (Or any type of contraband)

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Illinois gun laws suck, even with being able to carry in Illinois I spent as little time there as possible. I make sure that I fill up the vehicle at the border so we don't have to stop. And I make sure I obey the traffic laws.

Rattlesnake46319

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Jefferson County, MO
    Scutter, I don't recall hearing about the "a loaded magazine is the same as a loaded weapon" clause being played in IL, but I wouldn't put it past them. We've had it arbitrarily enforced in MD a few times. A loaded magazine is not defined as a loaded weapon in either state. Probably best to leave the mags unloaded.

That being said, when I travel through a state my LTCH doesn't cover (travel from IN to MD = OH), the magazine goes in my pocket. If I'm doing something that will end up with an LEO patting me down, that magazine is pretty low on my list of things to worry about.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    For most traffic stops, there would be no cause for a search. Just obey the traffic laws and you shouldn't have to worry about it. Be polite, respectful. (But, don't kiss a**)

How about this: Transport in the box it came in. Wrap the box either in Christmas paper or birthday or anniversary wrapping paper. If in a suitcase, why would anyone want to search? Plain sight wouldn't apply. If you are traveling cross country or through the state, one would expect to see suitcases.

Just obey the traffic laws. :D

Good advice. Rep added.

-Don't do anything to draw attention to yourself-

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    You need to remember we're talking about Illinois. It doesn't matter what the Federal Code says. The government of Illinois truly believes that it doesn't apply to them. It does not matter how you carry a weapon in a vehicle you can be arrested by some hick town sheriff. It does not matter if you're wearing your seat belt and driving under the speed limit. And yes, a loaded magazine HAS been declared a loaded weapon by certain law enforcement organizations in Illinois and people have been jailed for it. Traveling through Illinois is like traveling through Mexico. My advice to anyone traveling with a firearm is DRIVE AROUND Illinois. I lived there for a long time and you would not believe the stupid things these cops believe.

Top Bottom