• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    It's been a bad year in the peanut world and those of us who indulge in a bit of peanut butter better get set to pay a heftier price. If you're a prepper, you'd best get to the store soon and stock up. It was already headed up and it's just going to get worse. Wouldn't surprise me to see shortages later.

Peanut butter prices on the rise - Oct. 31, 2011

You calling for the government peanut program to be reinstituted so you can get your peanut butter cheaper?

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    This info has been blowing around for a few months now...I've been following it. They are expecting an increase of about 15-30 cents per pound at the shelf. I suspect it will go up further from there as we get closer to the next harvest and supplies are diminishing. We go through about 15 pounds per month in my house, our consumption has doubled since my 12yo son moved here in the spring....he really likes his PB.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    I think a trip to Costco is in order :D

I love my PB but its so bad for you.

Would peanuts grow in Indiana? I know y'all grow soy beans and corn in this state but I never see anything else. And yes I said y'all.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Peanut Butter is GOOD for you. Mono-saturated fat, high in protein, good as a meat substitute, high calorie, easy to digest, just don't over do it. I like my PB sandwiches to be grilled....toasty bread with melted PB...BIG glass of ice cold milk. Mmmm MMmmm

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    I think a trip to Costco is in order :D

I love my PB but its so bad for you.

Would peanuts grow in Indiana? I know y'all grow soy beans and corn in this state but I never see anything else. And yes I said y'all.

Peanuts grow best in a sandy soil. Majority of Indiana's soil is too heavy to produce a good peanut crop.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Thanks. My mum is a really good gardener and we've never grown them.

Most of Indiana seems to be at one point under Lake Michigan so I guess its a clay soil.

Top Bottom