• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    So, I'm just wondering what everyone thinks about the suitability of a peashooter vs. a 9mm pistol for personal defense.

I like that fast food joints give straws away for free and the navy bean ammo I use is almost as cheap as dirt. The whole rig - straw (even multiple backup straws) and a handful of ammo - weighs next to nothing and I can carry it anywhere in just about any clothing.

I've read that often, the mere presense/display of a peashooter is enough to diffuse a self defense situation.

I'll probably never need it anyway, and if I do, I'll just shoot a bean into the the perp's eye. 9 times out of 10, I think that will do the trick.

My 9mm is kind of inconvenient to carry; especially when I'll probably never need it.

I've also been thinking of putting a laser and vertical grip on my straw, sort of like this one => Pea shooters fight it out for world championships - Telegraph -<= and I'm wondering what you guys think about that as well.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    McDonald's straws and LIFESAVER holes (they used to make them) would break the skin!

(Band camp bus trip in the 90's. My buddy still has the scar)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Those straws are great for home defense too. Why, just the sound of the wrapper being torn from the straw is usually enough to make the bad guys turn tail and run! :cool:

Owen

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Fishers
    Every time I think I've seen it all...

A spitball shooter with a laser on it, wow!

So if a kid took that to school, would he be suspended or expelled?

Top Bottom