Pelosi: "We have to pass the [health care] bill so you can find out what is in it"!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WabashMX5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Yes, that's a direct quote. You can't make this stuff up, folks. (HT to my dad for passing the link along.)

See and hear that idiotic statement for yourself:[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoE1R-xH5To]YouTube - Pelosi: we have to pass the health care bill so that you can find out what is in it[/ame].

Is it November yet?

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I heard this soundbyte on the radio the other night...and at first I started laughing my butt off...
    Then it dawned on me just how *not* funny it was...:n00b:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Here is some footage of the Democratic Congressmen on Capitol Hill:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9Rl8-t0igA]YouTube - 1945 Amateur 8mm - Biggest Kamikaze Attack Ever!!![/ame]

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Yes, that's a direct quote. You can't make this stuff up, folks. (HT to my dad for passing the link along.)

See and hear that idiotic statement for yourself:

[...]

Is it November yet?

IHRE AUSWEIS! SIEG HEIL! HAIL VICTORY! ALL HAIL!

"Secrecy is the cornerstone of all tyranny. Not force, but secrecy... censorship. When any government, or any church, for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything. You cannot conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him."
    - Robert A. Heinlein

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    npelosi225w.jpg

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcFPmF67tNE]YouTube - Nancy Pelosi - ObamaCare: "We Have To Pass The Bill So That You Can Find Out What Is In It"[/ame]

I'd like to hear the whole section

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

I really, really, really don't want to be the one here agreeing w/ Congresswoman Pelosi, but...

What she said sounds stupid and came out wrong HOWEVER that is the way it is with every single bill that is passed into law by every legislature everywhere! She is correct in a backwards sort of way.

Here is a better way of looking at it:

#1) There is a bill;
    #2) Bill is passed into LAW;
    #3) Bureaucrats interpret the new law and how it will go into effect;
    #4) Nongovernmental officials interpret the new law and how it affects them;
    #5) Court challenges may clarify or muddy the water regarding interpretations of the law;
    #6) Loopholes will be discovered OR CREATED by court rulings and exploited;
    #7) New Bill may be introduced to fix problems w/ old law;
    #X) And the game goes on and on...

Every time a large bill is passed it takes certain governmental agencies months to figure out how they will enforce it or how it will impact their particular specialty.

So with any bill that is proposed we never really know what it will do until years later when the dust settles and all is figured out - kind of, mostly...

This doesn't even begin to address the potential issue of unintended and unforeseen consequences of a new law.

Consider the Heller case. What has really happened? We don't know because the District of Columbia is attempting to come up w/ rules and regulations to live within the ruling. NOT that I agree w/ them! If you think about it we "don't know" what the final outcome is yet and it has been almost two (2) years!!!

Regards,

Doug

Last edited:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    God forbid anybody know what is actually in a bill BEFORE they pass it. Of course, that might actually require our legislators TO READ THE DAMNED THING BEFORE THEY VOTE ON IT.

Bunch of idiots.

Not one of them deserves to be in office.

Top Bottom