• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    Her latest scheme is to adopt a new rule for the House that would prohibit the use of any gender-specific word. "Uncle" would become "parent's sibling."

So according to Pelosi, were I a member of the House of Representatives, my Great-Grand Uncle Charlie would have to be referred to as my Parent's-Parent's-Parent's-Sibling Charlie. I couldn't call him my Great-Grandfather's Brother since the words "father" and "brother" would be prohibited, making it impossible for me to specifically identify the relationship. Remember "Newspeak," the language in "1984," the purpose of which was to systematically purge all words that could be used to refer to anything that the regime considered politically incorrect? It's here. Nancy Pelosi wants to make Newspeak the official language of the US House of Representatives.

And there are STILL people who vote for democrats.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Her latest scheme is to adopt a new rule for the House that would prohibit the use of any gender-specific word. "Uncle" would become "parent's sibling."

So according to Pelosi, were I a member of the House of Representatives, my Great-Grand Uncle Charlie would have to be referred to as my Parent's-Parent's-Parent's-Sibling Charlie. I couldn't call him my Great-Grandfather's Brother since the words "father" and "brother" would be prohibited, making it impossible for me to specifically identify the relationship. Remember "Newspeak," the language in "1984," the purpose of which was to systematically purge all words that could be used to refer to anything that the regime considered politically incorrect? It's here. Nancy Pelosi wants to make Newspeak the official language of the US House of Representatives.

And there are STILL people who vote for democrats.
    And I am surprised at nothing anymore. Sadly.

Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    Pelosi scares me. With the crap we know about, think of the stuff she has done under the table, behind closed doors. (keep your mind out of the gutter, I don't even want to go there!!!)

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Apparently the vote to re-elect Pelosi as House Speaker was extremely close. 216 was what she got - she needed a minimum of 214. I read where at least two Republican representatives didn’t show up to vote because they had tested positive for Covid. I also read where at least one Democrat representative who tested positive did show up and voted. Some who were in attendance voted “present” which, essential, is a non vote. Pelosi, at 80, is now the oldest ever elected Speaker having surpassed Rayburn who was 78.

i thought the Dems held only the very narrowest margin of in the House. In fact, they actually lost ground in their majority after the 2020 election.

The Republicans all voted against Pelosi. Four Dems voted against her.

Last edited:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Apparently the vote to re-elect Pelosi as House Speaker was extremely close. 216 was what she got - she needed a minimum of 214. I read where at least two Republican representatives didn’t show up to vote because they had tested positive for Covid. I also read where at least one Democrat representative who tested positive did show up and voted. Some who were in attendance voted “present” which, essential, is a non vote. Pelosi, at 80, is now the oldest ever elected Speaker having surpassed Rayburn who was 78.

i thought the Dems held only the very narrowest margin of in the House. In fact, they actually lost ground in their majority after the 2020 election.

The Republicans all voted against Pelosi. Four Dems voted against her.
    I was actually surprised, she got 216 and McCarthy got 209 (would have been 211 if the 2 repubs would have shown up). I believe the squad all caved and voted for her.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I can't wait until jamil finds this thread so he can post what I am thinking...

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30

So, is this Pedojoes right hand? Free trip on AF2? Is she fluent in both Armenian and Azerbaijiani? Was there a bumper crop of opium in both countries and it’s too good to pass up? Is she ratcheting up more war problems for Russia? Is she just a sloppy drunk who keeps saying " uh...uh...turn here"?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom