• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    You see the number of states that are refusing terrorists, uh I mean refugees, but it really does not matter much unless every state is on board.
    Because the states that welcome them are just gateways to the rest of the country.

It keeps being said that the states have no legal standing in this. However, public sentiment has to be acknowledged. As the numbers keep going as they are this, it points to the liberal's political beliefs overriding common sense security for the American public. Election season is coming, time to fire some libs...

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    If the administration is so concerned about these people then why don't they do what they did for Americans to make us safe. Just put up signs that say Gun Free Zones and move the refugees into the gun safe zones in their own countries. I mean the administration keeps insisting that gun free zones work, prove it. Put the refugees in the gun safe zones in the middle east and watch the "safe" that ensues.

Last edited:

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    It keeps being said that the states have no legal standing in this. However, public sentiment has to be acknowledged. As the numbers keep going as they are this, it points to the liberal's political beliefs overriding common sense security for the American public. Election season is coming, time to fire some libs...

Although this might be slightly different than the administration lying and saying that the majority of Americans believe in Gun Control. What makes you think the administration will not just lie and say the governors have no authority and the majority of Americans actually want the refugees here? I mean I have noticed that the actual will of the people has become more or less meaningless since 2008.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Out of all the people that come in some may well be terrorists.

However, the vast majority don't have any desire to do less than protect and provide for their families. These are doctors, lawyers, nurses, engineers, plumbers, builders, farmers, herders, craftsmen, tradesmen and the list goes on and on. So a lot of these people could contribute profitably to our country, culture and society while a few who today hold the label of terrorist instead of criminal or mobster.

I would argue that the benefits of producers and thinkers and artists may vastly outweigh the negatives of a few terrorists, who are extremely ineffective by the way.

Consider, seven (7) terrorists kill 129 people. That is averaging 18 dead per terrorist. James Eagan Holmes singlehandedly killed 12 and wounded 70, all without using a suicide vest. Jeffery Dahmer murdered 17 people, again singlehandedly. Whackjob Adam Lanza killed 26, again singlehandedly.

Americans kick butt at murder, rape, and mayhem far better than any terrorists. NOBODY is better than team USA when it comes to dealing death. We have it down to a science. I am far more concerned about the motivated, home grown killer than I am ANY import.

Besides, the minute we start acting defensively out of fear and panic, which we are, they WIN and we lose - again.

For this week - Je suis Francais.

Regards,

Doug

Interesting that you hold that opinion. Have you watched the videos of their behavior in Europe? Do you realize that 70% are men of military age? Does that make no impression on your opinion?

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Interesting that you hold that opinion. Have you watched the videos of their behavior in Europe? Do you realize that 70% are men of military age? Does that make no impression on your opinion?

I would add that the last time we were this lax, 19 terrorists killed 2,996, which is a fair bit more effective. And our homegrown nut jobs act alone almost exclusively. Working together to kill 129 is still much more effective than killing 26, even if the rate is lower. I will agree that we can't cower and let them run our lives. But we didn't cower before the Nazi's, we laid some serious scunion across Western Europe and wiped the Nazis almost completely out. Still, we weren't volunteering to take German immigrants at the time.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Up to 30 now.
    Looks like mainly the south, the great lakes area and HALF OF NEW ENGLAND!

In other words. Thye are not welcome here. They can thank their fellow Syrans. (Hopefully by going back and fighting or helo make a new government. I ma cool with spending the resettelement money on that)

White House is now going to do a conference call with the governeors. Probably to call them "shameful"

Could you expand on that? I can't help but feel that there is a story behind that comment that I missed.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County

We're up to 31 states. Who's to say if we don't get to 38 that a Constitutional Amendment isn't in the realm of possibility?

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    I hardly know what to say to the comments here.

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
    With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
    Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
    A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
    Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
    Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
    Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
    The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
    "Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
    With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
    Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

I guess these words don't have much meaning here.

They still do to me. People who have to flee terrorism and murder are supposed to be able to find sanctuary here. This is the United States of America. But hey, if there are guys in another country who cut the heads off of women and children for being Christian, or even for being the wrong kind of Muslim, that's not our problem right?

Let them "stay and fight."

Last edited:

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN

They still do to me. People who have to flee terrorism and murder are supposed to be able to find sanctuary here. This is the United States of America. But hey, if there are guys in another country who cut the heads off of women and children for being Christian, or even for being the wrong kind of Muslim, that's not our problem right?

Nice poetry, from another time. This is not that time.

Let them earn their own way where ever they go. It takes dedication and commitment to make your own way. Things you have to work and struggle for become valuable. We do not need anymore peeple who don't value freedon and the traditional work ethic tearing down this country and all the work each generation has already done. We have too much of that already.

If someone WANTS to be an AMERICAN, let them wait their turn and become one in an orderly fashion. If they want to bring their own failed ways here, we do not need them.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    Let them earn their own way where ever they go. It takes dedication and commitment to make your own way. Things you have to work and struggle for become valuable. We do not need anymore peeple who don't value freedon and the traditional work ethic tearing down this country and all the work each generation has already done. We have too much of that already.

Where did you get the information that people fleeing these terrorists don't value freedom and the traditional work ethic?

​And how about explaining how you can "work and struggle" when your head is laying in the sand in front of you, alongside those of your kids?

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Ever been to Dearborn, Michigan? How about Cedar Riverside, Minnesota? Birmingham, Alabama? Skokie, IL? And just so we do not think it is an American problem, London, Ontario? Not exactly a great track record. I have been to those places. I have lived major portions of my life in the South side of the City of Chicago, and the slums of Dallas.

I am as horrified at the conditions in the middle east from a humanitarian view as anyone. My heart and emotions want to embrace the innocent. This needs to be looked at wisely, or it will be a failed suicide mission. Tearing down the last standing post of good, leaving nothing for anyone, is highly counterproductive to the ability to make long term changes. Emotional kneejerk solutions have never been an effective problem solving strategy.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville

Save it. It's not the poor, the tired or the huddled masses yearning to breathe free that we are resisting. It's the people who want to blow up stadiums full of innocent people. And a disproportionate number of military age males who may or may not actually be from Syria makes me think we have a pretty decent risk here. A reasonable debate about all the options that includes facts is one thing. But your attempts to shame are insulting.

Hellhound1055

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2015
    Indianapolis
    We all know how dangerous refugees can be, especially religious refugees. They tend to be hazardous to the local peoples and cultures.... just ask the Indians. :toilet2:

Anyway, I think we should accept the refugees as I'm sure we can find someone way or another to monitor/ screen/ spy on the refugees coming into the country.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Precedent? I assume you don't want to go back to the Colonial Period....so, just a general observation about the Pilgrims who were oppressed in their home country....but founding a colony based on oppression probably escaped your notice.

1845 Irish Potato Famine
    Third Episodic Migration (Southern Europe and Russia)
    Hmong & Vietnamese
    Cuban Emigres

For more info, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_immigration_to_the_United_States

As to Federal spending, you elected your Congress, deal with it.

Why do you hate the law?

Top Bottom