• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Taurus is providing zero help on this subject. All I want to do is ship one of my two 24/7 pistols down to Florida for inspection, and possible replacement. I've called, and chatted several times, but keep getting referred to the lawsuit website, which outlines the "enhanced warranty", but not how to take advantage of it.

What a joke, hopefully I don't accidentally drop my gun, and shoot myself.

Relax. There is a timeline for the recall. Chill and wait for the wheels of justice to turn. In a few weeks you will get resolution as they announce officially the procedure in January per the OP.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    I have never owned a Taurus firearm, so I don't have a horse in the race here. But how is this any different than a pre 80 series Colt 1911? If dropped with suitable velocity at the right angle... an unintentional discharge is possible.

I'm just going off what I can read in this thread, the video won't load for me.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Here I see the link for the recall.

https://www.tauruscartersettlement.com/

I happen to have one of the effected pistols. I have submitted my info twice and not a word. Anyone else having the same problem or successful with it?

But did you actually READ the page? Apparently not if you still wonder why you arent getting anywhere. (hint: NOBODY is)

" To date, at least one appeal has been filed. The claims filing period cannot begin until after this appeals process concludes."

and

"Class members who want to apply for the extended warranty or a cash payment are advised to continue checking this website, which will be updated as information becomes available. "

Patience, Grasshopper. The wheels of (in)justice turn slowly.

swmp9jrm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    NCO
    I happen to have one of the effected pistols. I have submitted my info twice and not a word. Anyone else having the same problem or successful with it?

Well, at least you still have your pistol - there are a bunch of us who thought we would be really smart and get in before the big rush. We sent our pistols in for 'repair' as a safety issue and we've been sitting on our hands ever since. My PT-145 has been in Taurus's hands for well over a year now, after I was told that it would be replaced with a 24/7 Gen2 because it could not be repaired. I check back about once a month and get the same story every time: 'Sorry - that pistol is back-ordered for the next 4-6 months.' The 4-6 month doesn't ever seem to change. So I guess maybe those of us who were dumb enough to do this have no choice but to continue to sit on our hands until something finally breaks with this settlement.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    You will get the replacement pistols. It just takes time. I bought an FNS while waiting for my Taurus to
    come back. Soon as I got the Gen 2 24/7 running I sold it. No regrets. Send it in. Buy a replacement. Sell the new Taurus when you get it.

Last edited:

jfw46544

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Hot Springs Village, AR
    You will get the replacement pistols. It just takes time. I bought an FNS while waiting for my Taurus to
    come back. Soon as I got the Gen 2 24/7 running I sold it. No regrets. Send it in. Buy a replacement. Sell the new Taurus when you get it.

Just so I understand correct, you did get your replacement Gen 2 under the recall?

Thanks!

swmp9jrm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    NCO
    You will get the replacement pistols. It just takes time.

Not so sure about that now - after posting the above, I did another chat session with Taurus customer service. This time I was told there will be no replacement, and that they are now evaluating whether to repair the PT-145 - even though they told me a year ago that this was not possible. I asked for contact information for a supervisor, but they would not give it to me - said they would schedule a call from a supervisor within 24-48 hours. So far, it's been 72 hours with no call. I've been very patient throughout all this, but now it's beginning to Pi$$ me off. Guess I'm going to have to start chatting and phoning on a daily basis until someone comes up with an explanation of why they've been feeding me a line of bs for the last year.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Email received today:

Reference #: 3081703PG2QJ4
    Class Members may start filing claims on October 9, 2017.
    You are receiving this email because you registered on www.tauruscartersettlement.com to receive updates about the class action settlement involving certain pistols manufactured by Taurus. The Settlement has been finally approved and benefits are now available to Settlement Class Members. You may start filing claims on October 9, 2017. The claims period will run through February 6, 2018.
    Claim forms may be filed online at www.tauruscartersettlement.com.
    If you do not wish to file a claim online, you may obtain a claims packet by mail. To get your claims packet, contact the Settlement Administrator at 1-844-528-0180, or send a letter to:
    Taurus Class Action
    Claims Administrator
    c/o Heffler Claims Group
    PO Box 230
    Philadelphia, PA 19107-0230
    Eligible Settlement Class Members have options:

1. Cash Payment: From October 9, 2017 - February 6, 2018, you can file a claim for a cash payment. Upon processing your claim and shipping your Class Pistol back to Taurus, you will receive up to $200 depending upon the number of claims submitted. You will not be charged for the cost of shipping your Class Pistol. Your Class Pistol must be shipped pursuant to the instructions available on the Settlement Website.
    2. Enhanced Warranty: You may send your Class Pistol to the Taurus Companies at no cost to have your Class Pistol inspected by the Taurus Companies to address the alleged safety defects. Your Class Pistol will be repaired or replaced at the expense of the Taurus Companies subject to certain state law requirements described below. There is no time limit to take advantage of this benefit. A separate claim form must be completed for each Class Pistol claimed.
    3. Safety Training: Special and particularized safety training addressing the proper operation and handling of Class Pistols is available online at www.tauruscartersettlement.com, or you can request a printed copy by contacting the Settlement Administrator at 1-844-528-0180 or Chris P. Carter v. Forjas Taurus S.A., c/o Heffler Claims Group, PO Box 230, Philadelphia, PA 19107-0230. Safety Training is an additional benefit available to all Settlement Class Members.
    Complete details on the relief available to Settlement Class Members are found on www.tauruscartersettlement.com.
    In connection with the Enhanced Warranty, local and state laws may prohibit the shipment of certain Taurus Class Pistols and comparable G2 model pistols based upon magazine capacity and other restrictions.
    These restrictions currently include:

• California, Massachusetts and the District of Columbia prohibit the shipment of Taurus Class Pistols and comparable G2 model pistols into their borders.
    • Colorado and New Jersey prohibit the transfer of guns with magazines that accept more than fifteen (15) rounds. See Colo. Rev. Stat. § 18-12-301, et seq. and N.J. Stat. Ann. § 2C-39-1y.
    • Connecticut, Hawaii, and New York prohibit the transfer of guns with magazines that accept more than ten (10) rounds. See Conn. Gen. Stat. § 53-202p(a), et seq., Haw. Rev. Stat. Ann. § 134-8(c), and N.Y. Law § 265.02.
    • Maryland prohibits the transfer of guns that are not on the state’s roster of approved firearms. See Md. Code Ann. Pub. Safety § 5-405.
    • While Illinois has no current restrictions, such transfer is prohibited by the Municipality of Cook County, Illinois, as well as the cities of Chicago, Aurora, and Highland Park. See Chi. Mun. Code § 8-20-2010, et seq., Cook Co. Code of Ord. 1-54-III-4 § 54-210, et seq., Aurora Code of Ord. § 29-49, and Highland Park Code, XIII § 134.010(c), et. set.
    Laws and regulations on these issues are constantly changing. Please consult your current local and state laws.
    Applying for a cash payment or utilizing the Enhanced Warranty both involve shipping your Class Pistol to Taurus and each state has specific laws and regulations for the shipment of firearms. It is the Settlement Class Member’s responsibility to research the requirements for your state. Settlement Class Members can obtain detailed instructions for proper shipping and handling at www.tauruscartersettlement.com, or call 1-844-528-0180.
    All Class Members are required to view a packing safety video on the website before shipping a Class Pistol to the Taurus Companies. Your Class Pistol must be shipped pursuant to the instructions available on the Settlement Website and Fedex shipping requirements. The Settlement Administrator will mail these shipping instructions to Settlement Class Members who do not have access to a computer.
    DO NOT SHIP Class Pistols without careful review of your state’s laws and regulations for shipment of firearms. Class Pistols designated for shipment must be UNLOADED.
    Please visit www.tauruscartersettlement.com, or call 1-844-528-0180, if you need more information.

Taurus Class Action Claims Administrator | c/o Heffler Claims Group | P.O. Box 230 | Philadelphia | PA 19107-0230

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I sent my pistol back in December and they finally shipped the replacement pistol yesterday....should arrive at the FFL tomorrow per tracking.

jfw46544

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Hot Springs Village, AR
    I sent in my 24/7 OSS. List at $699? The offered my at G2 that is selling for approx. $200. I asked them to return my OSS.

Screw Taurus. I bought the OSS fit my hand well. I will never buy another Taurus.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I sent in my 24/7 OSS. List at $699? The offered my at G2 that is selling for approx. $200. I asked them to return my OSS.

Screw Taurus. I bought the OSS fit my hand well. I will never buy another Taurus.

Did they return it? I was told that if the pistols were sent in under the recall, they would not be returned. The pistol I sent in was bought used for around $250 several years ago and consistently had issues with the bullets not feeding properly/jamming, etc. I figured a new gun I could actually shoot would be better than one that I didn't trust that ended up just taking up space in the safe. I was considering trading it in at the FFL when it arrived since they could sell it as a new gun at full retail, but there was nothing in his case that I wanted.

jfw46544

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Hot Springs Village, AR
    Yes they did. I sent it in when they first started accepting the recalled pistols. They called me several weeks later and told me what they were going to do for me. I told them they need to do better and I thought this was very poor customer service. I made them a couple of counter offers and they told me no. I repeated about the poor customer service again and hung up. I called back serveral weeks later and asked them to return mine. Was told they would look in to it. A week or two goes by and they call back and said they will return. They send a letter that “must accompany the pistol if ever sold”. Received it back directly to me, not a FFL.

Again, screw Taurus!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Yes they did. I sent it in when they first started accepting the recalled pistols. They called me several weeks later and told me what they were going to do for me. I told them they need to do better and I thought this was very poor customer service. I made them a couple of counter offers and they told me no. I repeated about the poor customer service again and hung up. I called back serveral weeks later and asked them to return mine. Was told they would look in to it. A week or two goes by and they call back and said they will return. They send a letter that “must accompany the pistol if ever sold”. Received it back directly to me, not a FFL.

Again, screw Taurus!

Glad you got it back. Mine only went to the FFL because it was a new pistol and had to be transferred to me legally. If they had been able to repair mine and return it, it would have been shipped directly to me. The FFL was surprised they sent me a 9mm to replace the .45 I had sent in. He agreed it should have at least been the same caliber pistol. He has about 80% Taurus in his shop for sale so he obviously deals with them a lot. That was another reason I chose to keep it rather than try to work some sort of a trade at his shop. The other shop in our area was not an option to use as an FFL (Per Taurus).

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana

Again, screw Taurus!

Am I understanding this correctly. You had a recalled firearm. They offered to replace it with a less expensive model and you declined.

I understand youre upset and rightfully so. But I'd rather have a firearm that doesn't (hopefully) have issues than a more expensive one that does.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Am I understanding this correctly. You had a recalled firearm. They offered to replace it with a less expensive model and you declined.

I understand youre upset and rightfully so. But I'd rather have a firearm that doesn't (hopefully) have issues than a ere more expensive one that does.

The pistols involved in the recall/settlement were subject to firing if dropped. The one I sent back also had significant issues with jamming so I was hoping that if the recall issue was fixable on mine, they could also fix the other problem under the original warranty. They informed me that mine would be replaced rather than repaired so I took the replacement. If his wasn't having issues, I can definitely understand wanting his more expensive pistol back.

Interestingly, the new pistol I was sent has a warning in the manual that says it may fire if dropped...perhaps a disclaimer that is now in place due to the settlement/law suit terms? So...it apparently is subject to the same issues that the recall was about.

Top Bottom