• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Who needs politicians stripping gun rights away when those within the gun community are so willing to do the dirty work for them?

Last edited:

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    I keep hearing that these 80% kits are the criminal's preferred way of getting a gun. But what I never hear is how many, or what percentage of firearms used in crimes, or recovered by LEOs, come from these kits.

Criminals in possession of firearms made from these kits is already illegal. Criminals manufacturing firearms is a huge no no, never mind the actual crimes they would commit, with or without these parts kits.

Is the next step going to be requiring background checks at hardware stores for people buying parts that could make a zip gun?

To borrow a Mark Twain quote, this is like telling a man he cannot eat a steak because a baby cannot chew it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    I keep hearing that these 80% kits are the criminal's preferred way of getting a gun. But what I never hear is how many, or what percentage of firearms used in crimes, or recovered by LEOs, come from these kits.

They don't give that info because if they were to actually give the numbers, they'd make themselves look like fools...and they know it.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

They don't give that info because if they were to actually give the numbers, they'd make themselves look like fools...and they know it.
    You two didn't read the article, did you? :stickpoke:

The ban on the sale of the gun kits at Eagle Arms shows comes as the number of ghost guns recovered in Philadelphia is up 152% from 2019-20. In 2019, 99 ghost guns were recovered. That jumped to 250 in 2020, and more than 80 so far in 2021, with more investigations ongoing. Some 10,000 of these weapons were recovered nationally in 2019 alone.

Previous investigations have tied ghost guns to multiple homicides, including a self-assembled 9mm handgun used in two shooting deaths in July 2020 in Snyder County. The defendant in that case, Christopher T. Fernanders, was not permitted to possess a firearm because of a protection from abuse order filed against him by the woman he shot in that incident.
    I have done some research into what it takes to complete a Poly 80 pistol and it's not nearly as easy as the media makes it out to be. It's not something a tweaker is going to be able to do in a few minutes like the anti-gunners claim. But a well organized crime ring could pump them out pretty quickly by investing in a few hundred dollars worth of tools and having 3-4 guys dedicated to building them all day long.

ETA: Of course, manufacturing firearms with the intent to sell them is already illegal, especially when they are sold to a prohibited person, but I digress.

Last edited:

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central

I have done some research into what it takes to complete a Poly 80 pistol and it's not nearly as easy as the media makes it out to be. It's not something a tweaker is going to be able to do in a few minutes like the anti-gunners claim. But a well organized crime ring could pump them out pretty quickly by investing in a few hundred dollars worth of tools and having 3-4 guys dedicated to building them all day long.

ETA: Of course, manufacturing firearms with the intent to sell them is already illegal, especially when they are sold to a prohibited person, but I digress.
    But it doesn't give the reason they were "recovered". I've seen the table with inoperable guns and air guns that have been "recovered".

I highly doubt that many were used in the commission of a crime, there are far easier methods for criminals to obtain weapons.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN

I did note that in the article, and what I should have included in my initial post was how does the seizure of "ghost guns" compare to the seizure of other firearms from criminals. Right now those numbers sound concerning, but that is because they lack context. Some of that context could include that there were 1,203,808 violent crimes committed in the US in 2019. So, the number of ghost guns seized nation wide during that time period seems very low by comparison.

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne

How about this: " a well organized crime ring could throw a few hundred illegal firearms in with their illegal drug shipment bound for the US."

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

If you can build P80s you can 3d print a Glock frame. Short of trying to stamp a serial on every spring and sear, the battle is already lost. The people running P80 assembly lines in the crackhouse basement are going to be running a line of Ender 3s soon.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Does the lack of a serial number make a gun deadlier than a stolen gun in the hands of a career violent felon?

Is this the new "gun show loophole"?

If violent felons get plea bargain deals to drop the firearms charge anyway...

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Does the lack of a serial number make a gun deadlier than a stolen gun in the hands of a career violent felon?

Is this the new "gun show loophole"?

If violent felons get plea bargain deals to drop the firearms charge anyway...
    It's just moral panic because it sounds scary to ignorant housewives.

If the ATF were actually serious about combating the use of firearms in crimes they would prosecute more straw purchasers and prosecute more gun crime rather than plead out for lesser offences. Instead, by forcing everyone to go through the NCIS route, between this and Biden's plans, it means that every firearm purchase will eventually be on record.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    It's just moral panic because it sounds scary to ignorant housewives.

If the ATF were actually serious about combating the use of firearms in crimes they would prosecute more straw purchasers and prosecute more gun crime rather than plead out for lesser offences. Instead, by forcing everyone to go through the NCIS route, between this and Biden's plans, it means that every firearm purchase will eventually be on record.
    ATF does not prosecute anyone.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    If you can build P80s you can 3d print a Glock frame. Short of trying to stamp a serial on every spring and sear, the battle is already lost. The people running P80 assembly lines in the crackhouse basement are going to be running a line of Ender 3s soon.
    Government has lost control forever. 3-D printing changed everything including an awareness of self-made firearms which .gov cannot regulate.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County

How many well organized crime rings do you think shop at gun shows in PA?

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    "Operation Fast and Furious" allowed over 2,000 "assault rifles" to be bought here and smuggled back across the Mexican border. This was done by Buttden and Oblama. One US Border Patrol agent was killed and several have been injured by these rifles.....and we let them buy them for what????

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

Eagle Arms Productions has told the AG to stuff it and returned to selling 80% products at their shows.

Buuuuuuut they're making buyers sign a bill of sale, which you can bet the AG will want to grab some time down the road. Best put fake info.

Top Bottom