• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    Martial law, enacting the brand new NDAA powers, suspending the Constitution and eliminating the need for Congress works fine for him. He will make a great dictator till the vets get organized! He has already pissed them off!

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    The days of having actual Military Leaders in leadership roles have been waning for a long time. The Democrats have been more predisposed to promoting political animals up the chain, but this doesn't mean the Republicans have been guiltless. Look at Colin Powell. Put simply, Politicians don't want true Warriors in charge of our Armed Services.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    someone pass me what you guys are smoking

Political subforums on gun boards are always full of loony tunes paranoiacs ranting about martial law, LIEbruls, the gold standard, ancient aliens, and whatever other conspiracy theories their favorite unsourced "news" sites see fit to publish as fact. I'm just impressed we don't see threads about "Bat Boy" in GP.

It makes gun owners in general look like mental cases to anyone who happens to wander in from the outside, but as it turns out at least a vocal minority of gun owners have extreme views. Heck, we even have Birthers posting. In 2013. :rolleyes:

nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Political subforums on gun boards are always full of loony tunes paranoiacs ranting about martial law, LIEbruls, the gold standard, ancient aliens, and whatever other conspiracy theories their favorite unsourced "news" sites see fit to publish as fact. I'm just impressed we don't see threads about "Bat Boy" in GP.

It makes gun owners in general look like mental cases to anyone who happens to wander in from the outside, but as it turns out at least a vocal minority of gun owners have extreme views. Heck, we even have Birthers posting. In 2013. :rolleyes:

If you don't like it, you don't have to visit the politics sub-forum. It's not as though we will miss being subjected to your self-righteous indignation.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

What do you know about gun owners?

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    If you don't like it, you don't have to visit the politics sub-forum. It's not as though we will miss being subjected to your self-righteous indignation.

When did I say I don't like it? :):

What do you know about gun owners?

I know what other gun owners post in GP.

Or do you mean to imply that INGO members aren't actually gun owners? Is this a false flag attack?

dirtfarmerz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    Henry County
    They have been putting their own people in place for a long time. Look what BHO did with all of the Czars. Do you think he stopped there? BHO and his pals would not be able to get away with what they're doing unless a lot of the people in high places were complicit. Whether the OP's article is true or not will probably not be corroborated on the MSM. The NSA has 10% of their employees being investigated now. That's 4000 out of their 40,000 members. They don't want any more Edward Snodens.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/29/nsa-black-budget_n_3838563.html

Last edited:

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Incompetence and corruption in Flag Officer ranks is shocking...said no enlisted man, NCO or company-grade officer EVER.

I didn't call them incompetent nor did I mention corruption. I said that Politicians prefer to advance other politicians rather than leave strong militarily minded officers at top levels. In the case of this administration, it seems there has been a concerted effort to purge Major Command Flag Officers, Most of which have spoken out at some point or stood their ground. I'm quite sure they will be replaced with people who have more of a bent toward compliance.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    As I recall, a couple of them were pushed out by their disgust with the stand down order in Benghazi. I suspect this is more of a move to push out the ones that are not fully supportive of the remaking of the military in the liberal world view.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Stschil said:
    In the case of this administration, it seems there has been a concerted effort to purge Major Command Flag Officers,

...because many of them have proven to be incompetent and/or corrupt.

Sorry, I don't for one second believe generals are being shown the door in favor of someone "more compliant" to the will, wishes and (seemingly to a good percentage of INGO) ulterior motives of POTUS.

For every highly competent flag officer that achieved rank via their merits, there are two or three more that got there only via the backs of their colleagues and subordinates.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

Sorry, I don't for one second believe generals are being shown the door in favor of someone "more compliant" to the will, wishes and (seemingly to a good percentage of INGO) ulterior motives of POTUS.

For every highly competent flag officer that achieved rank via their merits, there are two or three more that got there only via the backs of their colleagues and subordinates.

They are most definitely going for compliance. Your last point has been true for years.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

All types of weirdos, wing nuts, conspiracy theorists, and fan-boys post in the political sub-forum--all kinds.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit

Can you cite the charges of corruption/incompetence that led to their relief from duty? Typically, the Main Stream Media would have been shouting them from high mountain tops as they are no friend to the Armed Services, yet these replacements all seem to have done quietly, which strengthens my belief that these were made to further the administrations agenda, which is to weaken our Armed Forces. The (p)Resident does not want people who will challenge his policies in positions that will hold sway over the Troops.

I won't argue with you about there being too many back climbing opportunists, but that is true in every walk of life, not just the Military's Officer Corps. However, it does mean that the administration will have no problem filling these command positions with people who will tow the line and not create any more waves.

Top Bottom