• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    NO WAY!!!! Who woulda thunk that giving no bid contracts to the at the time VP's "former" co. that anything like this could possibly happen!?!?

Pentagon under fire over war contracts - Yahoo! News

Says the bi-partisan committee:

"Tens of billions of taxpayer dollars have been wasted through poor planning, vague and shifting requirements, inadequate competition, substandard contract management and oversight, lax accountability, weak interagency coordination, and subpar performance or outright misconduct by some contractors and federal employees," the co-chairs of the panel, Christopher Shays and Michael Thibault, wrote in a commentary in the Washington Post."

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    NO WAY!!!! Who woulda thunk that giving no bid contracts to the at the time VP's "former" co. that anything like this could possibly happen!?!?

Pentagon under fire over war contracts - Yahoo! News

Says the bi-partisan committee:

"Tens of billions of taxpayer dollars have been wasted through poor planning, vague and shifting requirements, inadequate competition, substandard contract management and oversight, lax accountability, weak interagency coordination, and subpar performance or outright misconduct by some contractors and federal employees," the co-chairs of the panel, Christopher Shays and Michael Thibault, wrote in a commentary in the Washington Post."

I'm sorry, I still only see typical government work here. What's everyone all hot and bothered about?

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The US military increasingly has turned to private companies over the past decade, with the contractor workforce at times surpassing 260,000 people -- a roughly one-to-one ratio with troops deployed.

Huh. A 1:1 ratio of military to contractors.

Half-a-million Americans deployed at any given time.

:wow:

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    No bid contracts are awarded when the work is too sensitive to make it open for bidding, or when the timeline is too short.

I don't think this had anything to do with the VP. There simply aren't that many firms in the world that can do what Haliburton was doing. When oil wells are on fire, how much time do you want to take bidding on that job? A week? 3 days? A month? What is an acceptable time frame for the bidding process? Does anyone know how complicated the DOD bidding process really is? It's more than just saying "I'll do X for Y compensation." There are numerous gate reviews, vetting, demonstrations, etc. It's a nightmare.

The vagueness of the contracts, shifting requirements, etc are all just par for the course. Even in the contracts that we have bid on and won, the same kind of stuff is still present.

It's just the government in action. That's how they do things.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    No bid contracts are awarded when the work is too sensitive to make it open for bidding, or when the timeline is too short.

I don't think this had anything to do with the VP. There simply aren't that many firms in the world that can do what Haliburton was doing. When oil wells are on fire, how much time do you want to take bidding on that job? A week? 3 days? A month? What is an acceptable time frame for the bidding process? Does anyone know how complicated the DOD bidding process really is? It's more than just saying "I'll do X for Y compensation." There are numerous gate reviews, vetting, demonstrations, etc. It's a nightmare.

The vagueness of the contracts, shifting requirements, etc are all just par for the course. Even in the contracts that we have bid on and won, the same kind of stuff is still present.

It's just the government in action. That's how they do things.

I didn't know we both lived in the world or .gov contracts. I agree with and support everything you say with the addition of that no bid contracts are also awarded when there is a soul supplier of a given good/service withing a predetermined area, theses area are determined by the .gov, other than that good job.

Grizhicks

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    New Palestine
    Also, KBR had won a large logistics contracts (competitively), that they were able to expand in the early part of the Iraq war. Even in competitive bids, KBR usually wins; they are one of the best at what they do.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I didn't know we both lived in the world or .gov contracts. I agree with and support everything you say with the addition of that no bid contracts are also awarded when there is a soul supplier of a given good/service withing a predetermined area, theses area are determined by the .gov, other than that good job.

I live in the airplane engine world of government contracts.

Top Bottom