People waiting in line for Dicks to open...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I forget what site it is I've seen linked a few times - but it keeps track of online ammo pricing... Neat site - just to remember the URL now.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    I don't understand they whole waiting in line to be disappointed or upset because the lack of inventory and higher prices. It was mostly older fellas, and not pointing fingers but the older crowd with nothing to do during the day is what is ruining it for us young bucks that what to blow off steam from a hard work week....owell.
    We're not taking your ammo, we're taking your jobs! That president the younger generation is so proud that they elected, has seen to it that we can't retire at all. were not shopping for ammo, were working. And furthermore, you're not "young bucks" you're "young whippersnappers"...so there! :):

mdmayo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Madison County
    I also found some good 9mm on the web last night. Cheaper Than Dirt had PMC in stock. A box of 50 FMJ was available for $69.95. As the gentleman said above, it is out there.

I will buy it where I can find it at a reasonable price.

Wow man, $69.95 for 50 is NOT a reasonable price.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    $19~24 for 50 is reasonable, not $70 :).

Heck, I ordered 1,000 9mm for $380 about 8 months ago - Federal American Eagle 9mm if memory serves me right.

Reloading .45 using my own spent brass it costs me approximately $0.17/round or $169 per 1,000 :).

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Wow man, $69.95 for 50 is NOT a reasonable price.

You need to read the entire post, my friends. I stated that I bought a brick of Remington .22LR at Dick's Fort Wayne for $22.95, which was far better than what I saw posted on Cheaper Than Dirt, 50 rounds of 9mm for $69.95. I then stated "I will buy when I can get it at a reasonable price."

Agreed, $69.95 is unreasonable. Please, read the entire post before you comment.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    $19~24 for 50 is reasonable, not $70 :).

Heck, I ordered 1,000 9mm for $380 about 8 months ago - Federal American Eagle 9mm if memory serves me right.

Reloading .45 using my own spent brass it costs me approximately $0.17/round or $169 per 1,000 :).

And I paid $230 for 840 rounds of lake city M855 over the summer.

I was reloading 357 magnum at less than 5 cents a round with 180gr bullets. Good thing I have a couple thousand of those laying around.

45acp has always been expensive for me, even reloading. I managed to get a fair bit of 45-70 loaded for a reasonable price too, actually at a more reasonable cost comparatively than 45acp.

9mm... Eh, I'll just pick up a box when I make a range trip, hitting a point of diminishing returns on that for me. That's all that peeves me, that I can't just hit a shop on the way to the range, because I will not touch my stock pile.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    The largest cost for my 45 ACP reloading is the bullet. Thinking about picking up a couple of moulds and doing some casting to keep plinking costs down ;). The bullet is $0.12~$0.16 out of the $0.17 of my cost in making a round depending on where I get them and how much shipping is.

VikingWarlord

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    If you didnt prepare for this FOUR years ago you are had your head buried in the sand...

Or, for various reasons, were not gun owners at that point. A lot of people who are looking have recently purchased firearms they can't use. Perhaps you are had your head buried somewhere else requiring great spinal flexibility.

mdmayo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Madison County
    I also found some good 9mm on the web last night. Cheaper Than Dirt had PMC in stock. A box of 50 FMJ was available for $69.95. As the gentleman said above, it is out there.

I will buy it where I can find it at a reasonable price.

Forgive me (and others too apparently) for actually reading exactly what was (in-concisely) written. In the context of the entire post, it certainly appeared You'd found the ammo on CTD to be good, and "out there" at a reasonable price. Fixed below for clarity of future readers.

I also found some good, yet overpriced, 9mm on the web last night. Cheaper Than Dirt had PMC in stock. A box of 50 FMJ was available for $69.95. As the gentleman said above, it is out there.

I will only buy it where I can find it at a reasonable price.

Hemingway

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indiana
    The guys in line buying ammo at these prices will be the same guys standing in line in a few years trying to buy gold at $5,000 an ounce.

Checkfoo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 8, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I HOPE all the flippers and gougers take it on the chin, BIG time. :D

SOME of them, most definitely, ARE going to get stung, severely. The market WILL become saturated at some point.

For me, I'll just be :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: when they're whining and crying.

So, PLEASE "flippers and gougers". PLEASE buy that .22 LR at $22 / box. I'll be HAPPY to buy it back off ya in a few months (or years, I can wait!) at $2 ea.!! :D

You should be pleased. I work the counter at Gander on Thursdays and typically see the same 20 or so faces every time. On the last day of the K's show, in the Fort, I recognized some of the faces and all were still pretty well stocked. All were peddling familiar brands that I had seen roll of the shelves the last few weeks, and all were typically at a 40-60% bump.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    I HOPE all the flippers and gougers take it on the chin, BIG time. :D

SOME of them, most definitely, ARE going to get stung, severely. The market WILL become saturated at some point.

For me, I'll just be :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: when they're whining and crying.

So, PLEASE "flippers and gougers". PLEASE buy that .22 LR at $22 / box. I'll be HAPPY to buy it back off ya in a few months (or years, I can wait!) at $2 ea.!! :D

Don't hold your breath. 22lr, as well as most ammo is going to be short for a while. MORE supply certainly will come, but it's not going to be sitting on the shelf for a while now. Too many people are going to start their stockpiling now.

And it isn't going to go below cost. Nobody is going to sell it at $10, much less $2 for a bulk pack. Lots of people will be happy to buy it from them at $22 a box when the market unless they wait over a year to sell...and I doubt that happens.

Top Bottom