• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    Not to turn this in a religious thing, but if your church doesn't think you should protect yourself, you may want to debate that with the pastor or find a new church.

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    Disney on Ice had walk through detectors and then wands if you set them off. It was awesome walking several blocks, downtown, at night, unarmed after the show.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    A knee brace with metal hinges will set off the metal detectors whether there's a switchblade inside or not. Just sayin'...

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    My wife went to see Bon Jovi last month, metal detectors, wands, the works, they even made her take her jewelry off, to pass the screening. I wouldn't expect anything less from that washed up old antigunner, just glad I didn't have to go.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Not a concern for me personally. Due to the nba, the ncaa, bringing their pressure to bear on localities that wish to protect their women and children by passing sensible restroom ordinances by threatening to hurt them financially, I will not attend their events, nor or they allowed inside my home. The nfl is likely not far behind in being banished from my home as well, since they are of a like-minded hostility towards faith and values. With shootings a common occurrence downtown, plus the mindset that armed law-abiding citizens are a problem being so prevalent, I do my best to not venture into the downtown area.

EOD Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Carroll County
    I went to the Tool concert this past Saturday and was able to get my LCP past the walk thru metal detectors with a little social engineering and slight of hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I saw the name of the thread and thought that’s what they were going to rename the building.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Billy Joel will be there in Nov. did not think I would ever be able to se him perform again. Got lucky and got tix.

Hmmmm might be looking for a big belt buckle.

Usually have to take your belt off. I only go there for the wrestling state finals.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I was grumbling about taking my belt off once. The lady informed me that this was for my own safety. I told her if they wanted the place to be safer that I should be allowed to carry my pistols and knives and not disarm me.

She had no response.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I was grumbling about taking my belt off once. The lady informed me that this was for my own safety. I told her if they wanted the place to be safer that I should be allowed to carry my pistols and knives and not disarm me.

She had no response.

For the win!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

She had no response.

They don't care about safety, they care about insurance.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    it's "owned" by the taxpayers through the CIB.
    I'm still paying for the RCA dome btw.

While it is owned by the CIB and taxpayers, the determining factor is the renter/lessee. If they don't want firearms it's their choice.
    Take that up with the organizers.

Don't blame the CIB on this.

Top Bottom