• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Just because I didn't find anything doesn't mean they don't exist.

Any known local or state regulations?

TIA.

Snayperskaya

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Indy Northwest
    Use sparingly on your meal?

Seriously though, I do not think there is anything specific about it. You would be better off with a pistol. Dead men tell no tales. Thus, your side of the story IS the story.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.

Seriously though, I do not think there is anything specific about it. You would be better off with a pistol. Dead men tell no tales. Thus, your side of the story IS the story.

I will strongly disagree. Having a continuum of force available gives one options, and for those times when one is unable to have lethal force available, it still gives one options.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I will strongly disagree. Having a continuum of force available gives one options, and for those times when one is unable to have lethal force available, it still gives one options.

:yesway: Totaly agree with that. Just because someone threatens you, does not mean you just shoot. Use of force continuum is a very good tool. We used it in the Coast Guard. Pepper spray hurts like a mohter ******. I have a high tolerance for pain, and I can say I wanted to die after getting sprayed. I saw guys curl into the fetal position. Just make sure it is peper spray, and not mace and get 10%. I also reccomend getting a can that foams, better chance of hitting the face and eyes. If you have no eperience with it. I wish I could get the video of mine on my comp, so I could put it on here for all to see.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

One squirt and you're south of the border!

ekgeip.gif

Mmmm....incapacitating....

rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    :yesway: Totaly agree with that. Just because someone threatens you, does not mean you just shoot. Use of force continuum is a very good tool. We used it in the Coast Guard. Pepper spray hurts like a mohter ******. I have a high tolerance for pain, and I can say I wanted to die after getting sprayed. I saw guys curl into the fetal position. Just make sure it is peper spray, and not mace and get 10%. I also reccomend getting a can that foams, better chance of hitting the face and eyes. If you have no eperience with it. I wish I could get the video of mine on my comp, so I could put it on here for all to see.
    mace and pepper spray are not the same thing??

am86519

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    oc is good for some people. However there is a percentage of the population that it has no effect on. I am a Corrections officer and I sprayed a guy once and he shook it off like it was nothing. It bought time for back up though

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    oc is good for some people. However there is a percentage of the population that it has no effect on. I am a Corrections officer and I sprayed a guy once and he shook it off like it was nothing. It bought time for back up though

That's why the foaming agents are great, even if it doesn't affect someone with pain it does obstruct vision which gives time to either get away or reach other means. I think people lose sight of the fact (pun intended) that even a gun will not immediately stop all attackers, it's important to fight and move and fight and move.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    mace and pepper spray are not the same thing??

Yes there is a difference. I have not been sprayed with mace, but I have heard that it's weak compared to pepper spray. They take the hottest peppers, and crush them up. They use the juices to makes pepper spray. The Chinese did not invent the pray, but did find its good use. They would be up wind of a village they wanted to attack. They would build a fire, and throw hot peppers into it. The smoke would go down wind to the village. It would cause everyones eyes to burn, choke, etc. Then they would go in and attack. Or some would grind the peppers into a powder. Carry it in a little bag, inside their waistband. Then when in a fight, throw it in their opponents eyes. Like on the movie blood sport.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus

The percentage is small though. It's the same for pressure points. Some people it does not affect like others. When I got sprayed, there was if I remember eight of us. The only guy it really did not affect at first. Was Bryan who was about 6', and his arms where so big it looked like his sleeves where going to rip. After his adrenaline died down though, he was in pain.

Top Bottom