• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big Country

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Downtown
    My wife, who does not want to carry a firearm, wants to get key chain sized pepper spray. Does anyone have any recommendations on what to give her and where to buy it? I want the best protection for her and I know she does not want to carry a firearm or a taser. Thoughts?

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    FOX is a brand recommended to me by a few LEO. My wife has the little one hanging from her purse... it's in a small leather-type case that looks like a lipstick. Cost is about $10.

Kcustom45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Brownsburg
    My wife, who does not want to carry a firearm, wants to get key chain sized pepper spray. Does anyone have any recommendations on what to give her and where to buy it? I want the best protection for her and I know she does not want to carry a firearm or a taser. Thoughts?
    Having recently been OC sprayed I can say that if your wife doesn't want to carry a firearm she should be ok carrying pepper spray. :D

Any well known brand would work. I would say that whatever brand you go with it might not be a bad idea to see if they make an inert training spray in the size you get her so she knows how it sprays it's effective range and probably most important which end to point at the bad guy.

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Having recently been OC sprayed I can say that if your wife doesn't want to carry a firearm she should be ok carrying pepper spray. :D

Any well known brand would work. I would say that whatever brand you go with it might not be a bad idea to see if they make an inert training spray in the size you get her so she knows how it sprays it's effective range and probably most important which end to point at the bad guy.

I have seen people sprayed and it had no affect on them at all. Sometimes it just made them more honked off and fight harder. I'd look at getting something with OC and CS. It's pretty hard to not be affected by the CS.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    I have seen people sprayed and it had no affect on them at all. Sometimes it just made them more honked off and fight harder. I'd look at getting something with OC and CS. It's pretty hard to not be affected by the CS.

some people dont react to it, just like some people can bathe in poison ivy.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Pepper spray or not, I'd make sure she had a damned good flashlight. Also that she knew how to use it, for more than just a blindingly bright light.

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Training.

I am one of the lucky ones that is really affected by OC spray.
    I haven't seen that many people sprayed, but we were told that some people are not affected by the spray and you had better have a back up plan.

Im super sensitive to the stuff as well. you definitely need a back up plan if you plan on using it.

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    My girlfriend is waiting for her LTCH to come in. Until then, she carries one of those Smith & Wesson Tactical folding knives and some pepper spray.

Big Country

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Downtown
    Fox

Made the decision today and purchased Fox brand pepper spray from two local small business owners who own Fox Pepper Spray and Mace Pepper Spray. They have a small shop here in Indy and were very friendly. They do almost all of their business online so no real store front but they let my wife pick the spray can size she liked best. Good guys and from what I can tell, great products. Thanks for all of the advice!

Top Bottom