• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I have volunteered (again) to be pepper sprayed for some school kids. I have been sprayed several times so im not worried. Who all has been sprayed on here and what were your experiences? And what brand was used?

I have found that the absolute worse thing about it was my ears and lips burning even after decon the eyes are bad but the ears and lips are horrible for me. I have been sprayed with sabre red and ruger restraint. I have also been exposed to mace brand. If this one happens im gonna try to get my hands on some sabre green to try.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    I've not been sprayed directly but I did activate a bottle under the counter with my foot when I worked at a small grocery store. The spray ended up staying right around the cash register and it was the most uncomfortable day I had at that store.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I think a direct spray is not near as bad as a lingering accidental thing. My neighbors dog bit a can open (i LMAO) but it stayed in the house for days it was horrible constantly clearing your throat and wiping you eyes ugh

tatertot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Im a leo and oc instructor. Ive been sprayed directly and indirectly more times than i care to count. Ivs always been sprayed by deftech/safariland products. Ive been hit with their foam and various concentrations of sprays. The effects from the foam seemed to last longer. I didnt notice a difference in pain from any of the different sprays (they all burn really bad). I hope this helps.

Last edited:

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Ive been hit with the foam once. Its kinda misleading you think you can get it off your face but then realize it aint helping any. I've learned to control my hands after i rubbed like crazy the first time now i Have white knuckle fists being held over my head. I would rather be tased anytime its like a switch while the pepper spray lasts forever and you rediscover it in the next shower you take. I tried to volunteer to get tased but the Dr. said its a no go.

TheEngineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Down South
    I was directly hit by Mace once while I was in high school...not what you're thinking though, it was voluntary. It sucked, but didn't last as long as I thought it would.

We had to make a video for chemistry class about safety equipment. My group basically made a 10 min video involving as many explosions and other fun stuff as we could to demonstrate what could go wrong.

One scene involved everyone "working" with a chemical (mace) and wearing proper safety equipment...I of course walk in with nothing, "startling" the other guys, and ended up with a stream to the face. Our teacher wouldn't admit it, but I know he enjoyed our video :):

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I showed a criminal justice teacher my video on the big projector screen and for the first 15sec he tried his hardest not to smile then i said something along the lines of "its probably gonna hurt" and he bust out laughing and continued until after my video was done:laugh:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Lovemywoods hosted a great class put on by Blue Cell Protective Services a few years back:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...tions-course-lovemywoods-range-8-13-11-a.html

Since then I have always wondered how one would effectively decontaminate without a steady supply of water?
    I did run into a self-proclaimed taser instructor recently (who wouldn't tase non LEO/military.:xmad:) He said to decontaminate with baby shampoo, actually rubbing it strait into your eyes? :dunno:

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I have used baby shampoo before it works OK does seem to speed thing ups a little but. And you do just scrub you eyeballs with it. one of the times i did it i grabbed green tea shampoo by accident and it actually seemed to cool the burning quite a bit.

One thing that actually suprised me on my first direct hit was the sensation of heat. I knew it was supposed to burn but i figured it was like an acid burn where its more of a stinging than a thermal burn. The pepper spray feel more like a thermal burn . Its hard to explain the feeling to the kids.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Cold/cool air and time are really the only sure fire ways to decontaminate. We just sprayed our recruits last week. We carry Freeze +P OC/CS. Bad stuff.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Cold/cool air and time are really the only sure fire ways to decontaminate. We just sprayed our recruits last week. We carry Freeze +P OC/CS. Bad stuff.

I don't know how they do it now, but when I got sprayed they made us sit there for over an hour before we could begin the decon process. Total b.s.

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I got hit with freeze +P in the academy across the bridge of my nose. Absolutely worse thing I've experienced. My skin ended up peeling off like a bad sunburn.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I think they got us with Safariland at ILEA. They had water available but recommended just using a dry towel. It was a pretty awful 30 -40 min. until I could see well enough that they would let me go back inside. One of the guys a few dorms down had some baby shampoo wipes. Those wipes and putting my face directly in front of the A/C vent on full blast helped a little bit. I actually don't even carry OC now because I hated it so much at the Academy. There is just nothing you can really do to make the pain stop, and nobody has made me mad enough to want to do that to them.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Man up andy wayne i got sprayed when i had a collapsed lung lol

First defense is what my brother is issued i thought about sneaking off with one of his spare cans and trying it. It weird how different brands act different the ruger stuff i sprayed myself with last time took a few seconds to really hurt but it took a dog down instantly. The mace brand stuff hurt instantly but had zero effect on the same dog (i sprayed the dog with the ruger brand when it attacked me and the cops sprayed it with the mace brand)

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Sprayed, foamed, maced (CN, CS), tazed, stun-gunned, blah, blah, blah...

It's all 'bad', and I always think "I'm never doing THAT again". Yeah... 'til the next time. :facepalm: :lmfao:

Top Bottom