• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    I saw a cocktail table advertised a while back. Press on the lid release and the whole top of the table rose up to reveal a gun vault inside. We have a small house so wifey said, "No."

cburnworth

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    great for the basement or garage. be even nicer if you could make it functional & still store guns.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    I have a broken Ms Pac-Man. I think I may just have to gut it and put a safe inside of it. If I do I will take pics for all to see.

I can't find it right now but I saw someone who modified one of those tables to play off of a super nintendo. Basically the guy gutted it and had a lot of room inside.

I bet you could make a "useable" video game table AND have a vault inside with yours if you were highly motivated to do so.

great for the basement or garage. be even nicer if you could make it functional & still store guns.

It really wouldn't be very difficult to take a fullsize soda vending machine, reduce the capacity and place a small safe inside. IE: remove the leftmost two or three selection drop guides and weld in a small safe.

It's been a while (about 12 years) since I worked for a vending company but those things (older model can vending machines) are remarkably simple and 99% of the controls are housed in the door so you can modify the inner area quite a bit while maintaining functionality.

fst aslp

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Zionsville, IN
    Well I went and picked it up tonight. It needs some cleaning, but it will be much more secure than my current stack on iron box.

Only one problem, I bought it without measuring my basement height and this monster is 79 inches tall. My tallest spot in the basement is 82 inches. Any ideas on turning this thing upright?

I'll probably be refinishing it and cleaning it. Hopefully I can get it to fit or it'll be up for sale.

fst aslp

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Zionsville, IN
    Quick Update:

The safe is in and it fits like a glove. It is as secure as I could ever need, although it obviously offers no fire protection.

Any Vending Machine guys on here who can help with parts (buttons and lock cylinder?)

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Quick Update:

The safe is in and it fits like a glove. It is as secure as I could ever need, although it obviously offers no fire protection.

Any Vending Machine guys on here who can help with parts (buttons and lock cylinder?)

I missed the original posting on Craigslist. Need some pics!

fst aslp

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Zionsville, IN
    5356297356_363cf34550.jpg

5355682845_afebb944a8.jpg

LotsofGlocks

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Quick Update:

What you look at parts wise? I work at a Pepsi refurb vending machines plant.

fst aslp

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Zionsville, IN
    Here is the info off of it:

Dixie Narco
    Model DCB 350/200-5

I need the buttons that would select the type of drink coming out as well as the cylinder lock and key

sshelton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    ECI / New Castle
    A while back on the ar15.com forum I saw a stand up freezer that the guy took the plactis inner shell out of and cut out all the foam and built a platform he mounted to the floor in his garage and then mounted a safe to it. Then slid the freezer shell over the top of it. And put the plastic back on, kicker was that the freezer door locked to haha.

Top Bottom