• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I think the correct answer here is "qualified gunsmith" so that if you're ever questioned about it you can say this profession guy XYZ did it for me, here is his card.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Silver Soldering? Pin and Weld?

Which works best? Is there a preference? Pin and weld more cost effective?

Who to contact on the Westside?
    SBR stamp works the best!
    Other than that, I would be very afraid to do it myself. I hear federal prison is not much fun.

semiautosniper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 16, 2012
    Pin and weld is the best way for permanent attachment. I had my gunsmith installed it for me for $100. Or you can get the SB brace, and you won't have to pin and weld.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Pin and weld is the best way for permanent attachment. I had my gunsmith installed it for me for $100. Or you can get the SB brace, and you won't have to pin and weld.
    By this, he means as a pistol configuration, but if its already been assembled as a rifle, it's too late for this option.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Pin and weld is the easiest if you have any access to a welder. I pinned and welded an M92 PAP barrel extension so that I can shoot it as a rifle until my stamp comes back. It was SUPER easy. Thread on the muzzle device, take 7/64 drill bit and drill through the muzzle device and into the barrel just enough to create a dimple. Cut off a piece of 1/8" drill bit and knock it into the hole, into your dimple in the barrel. Make sure it's flush with the muzzle device or slightly below, and then pop it with the welder. You just have to create a puddle over it so you can't see the pin. All done.

Top Bottom