• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Instructions I've seen online, including the Marion County Sheriff's Department say where to take the completed application but do not say where the applications can be obtained. Picked up the same place you take the completed ones? Any other places where you can get them?

rkba_net

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    You may pick up a application at the City County Building at 50 North Alabama Street... just ask information in the building for the room number... please note that you will have to go through a metal detector to get into the building.

karlsgunbunker

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    You may pick up a application at the City County Building at 50 North Alabama Street... just ask information in the building for the room number... please note that you will have to go through a metal detector to get into the building.

Yeah. leave your pocket knife and nail clippers in the car.

quicksdraw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Eastern In.
    They even confiscated the little P-38 can opener I carried on my key chain. I've carried it everywhere, including airliners, but not into the city county building.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    So let me try to sum up.

I go to the City/County building at 50 N Alabama Street and pick up the application.

I go somewhere to get it filled out (preferably typed) and notarized.

I take the completed application, $50 in cash or money order, a separate money order or certified check made out to the State of Indiana for $75 back to the City/County building (total $125--for the lifetime personal protection handgun license). And do whatever it is I do with them (presumably give them to someone there.

And then, provided my record is sufficiently clean, some weeks later the license is mailed to me.

Does that sum things up correctly?

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    So let me try to sum up.

I go to the City/County building at 50 N Alabama Street and pick up the application.

I go somewhere to get it filled out (preferably typed) and notarized.

I take the completed application, $50 in cash or money order, a separate money order or certified check made out to the State of Indiana for $75 back to the City/County building (total $125--for the lifetime personal protection handgun license). And do whatever it is I do with them (presumably give them to someone there.

And then, provided my record is sufficiently clean, some weeks later the license is mailed to me.

Does that sum things up correctly?

Missed a couple of things

Pick up ap on ground floor, far E end of main hallway

If you have time, and are sure how to answer the questions, you can fill the paperwork out and have it notarized in the same office you pick up the form, or you can go across the street to any of the Bail Bond offices, and they will type it up and noterize for about $10 ,,,,, then back across the street to turn it in, pay, and get finger printed, (all at the same counter) ,,,,,, then wait ,,,,,

Top Bottom